Jogging WORKED wonders!

Options
Hey evryone... i u read my first post couple of months ago im glad to say ive lost half the weight i wanted to!!! Woohooo! :flowerforyou: (6.4lbs done ... 7.4 to go)

I havnt been on this website since.... lol.. probly coz i was too busy jogging!

I tried workout dvds... including 30 day shred etc... then I got bored n lonely inside house.. so got gym membership... takes me 45mins to get there... then do workout for 30mins! then 45mins back... gosh then i REALISED... If i jus jogged outside in that traveling time it took to get to gym.... i wouldd have been done n back home!

So I started jogging... theres a motorway near my house with a bridge like 20 minutes away... its got a cycle lane on the side... so i left the house jogged down to the bridge... (walked across the bridge for my break) HAHA :laugh: then jogged back!

But it was too hard.. kept stoppin n puffin.. etc! Thought it was doing nothing coz there was no sweat! :noway:

Wen i got home (where there was no air from the motorway) i was dripping with sweat! WOW it was amazing so i carried this on for few weeks .. only missing random days here n there...

I lost 6.4 pounds! that is amazing for someone alredy slim... (138lbs)! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Now i need to lose 7.4lbs to be at my final Amazing goal of 125lbs... Gona start joging agen.. hard to start..getting nervous all over again.. but after typing this i think i can do it?!

Any similar experiences?! xxxx :huh:

Replies

• rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well...I'm not slim :laugh: but I have experienced the same thing. My weight loss hit a lull and then I start jogging. That totally kicked me out of it. I also did exercise videos and tried the gym, but jogging is just much easier. I like to take my dog with me too. He is so used to me jogging with him every night now that when I don't he gives me his puppy dog eyes until I finally get off my butt LOL
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I started jogging again a couple of months ago and I got in shape so much faster. I run 3 days a week, do videos a couple days and do yoga every morning. I love it.
  • swishpete
    swishpete Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I've been in the same rut and thought about jogging/running. Now after reading your post I will definitely try it!
    By the way, I have been working out to Jillian 5 days a week for the past month, watching what I eat and I have not lost not one pound!
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    swishpete, maybe you need to change up your exercises. Your body will not respond to the same workout routine. it gets used to it and the results will not be as significate. By shocking it and always throwing new things at it it has to respond and you will see changes.
  • lisamgould
    Options
    I use to jog like 4 years ago and I was sooooo skinny. It really works but it is hard on the knees. I think I will try it as one of my cardio workouts at the gym again and see if my knees have recovered. Plus I use to run on concrete sidwalks and that is the worst. the treadmill or a track should make an improvement. Thanks for the incentive...i too have less than 15lbs to lose and when you need to lose less i have heard it can be more difficult..
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    Well dang it... if I would've known that jogging would've shredded the fat faster I would do it that way! I do turbo jam everyday which I'm still in love with but if I get bored I'll start jogging! Thanks for the story!!! :glasses:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I found my body responds best to running as well, it is the only way that i really lose weight. to get really motivated try the 'coach to 5k' program and sign up for a 5k race! :flowerforyou:
  • swishpete
    Options
    thanks for the tip lisamgould!
  • skinnysonam
    skinnysonam Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey everyone... thanks for your replies...:drinker:

Oh swishpete.. im sorry it isnt working out for u...! U need to take ur body into account.. wen u do da video does it make u sweat a lot or out of breath? Coz if u aint finding it hard... ur not gona get results hun!! :smooched:

I found that my body tells me then n there if sumins gona work! If its not hurting or challenging i dont seem to lose any weight! :noway:

hope that helps...?? :heart: :heart:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    hey skinny so did you jog for 20 min straight and then rest or did u stop in between some? I can barely run for 3 min straight :sad:
  • lisamgould
    Options
    hopetobeinshape,

jogging is an exercise you have to work up to...run as long as you can then walk for just as long then run then walk..slowly you will see your run time increaseing and eventually you will be able to run more and walk less...I remember when I first started i could barely run a block within 6 months I was running 3-5 miles a day.. it was very frustrating at first but then I was so proud of myself for sticking with it and building up the endurance...just keep going and you will see the results...but as I said stay off concrete or asphalt or you will injure your knees
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. I was dropping the weight easily when I was able to go to the gym and run on their treadmill. After my run, I'd do the circuit to cool down. After my son's accident this past Easter, I haven't been able, nor will I be able to for a long time, to get back to the gym and my routine. I miss it so much. Anyway, it didn't take long for my "pooch" to make an appearance! So, I bought a Malibu Pilates chair and treadmill. I'm trying to get back on track and I'm already seeing results. I'm not where I was when I had to stop the gym but I know that I'm back on track. Each day I get stronger and faster. I would love to run a 5K. That is my new motivation, I think.

Anyway, I also agree that you have to change it up sometimes. Your body does get use to the same old same old. Variety is the spice of life...and losing weight!
  • swishpete
    Options
    To skinnysonam,

Yes, I do sweat and am definitely out of breath. Jillian Michaels is tough.... at least for me she is! And I think I should say that although I have not lost one pound I have seen a change in my body. My quads, abs and arms are stronger and have definitely firmed up. My butt and thighs still need lots of attention though!