moms?

Options
13»

Replies

• moniquelessard
    Options
    add me if you like. single mom of a 3 1/2 year old :)
  • tlmorey1
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a Mom as well and new to this site. I have two boys, 11 and 4. I live in Wisconsin. I quite smoking 8 years ago, had my second child and moved up to a desk job. I am now 15 pounds heavier than what I would like.
    I don't want to "diet" but I would like to learn how to have a fitter/healther lifestyle as I come to understand my body doesn't handle food and stress the way in did in my 20's (I am 32, going on 33 late this year).

Anybody else out there that is new (or seasoned), please friend me. I would like to connect with others that is in the same cruise ship as I!

Good luck to everyone out there!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi still trying to lose baby fat mine kids are 27 and 23
  • anivamlao
    anivamlao Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi errybody.. so i'm a new mommy... but while i was pregnant gained like 70 lbs... so i'm turning to my fitnesspal to help lose the weight... any diets working for those needing to shed over 100??... i loved to heaer... =>
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    Hi, Im a mom of 2 boys, ages 6 and 11 months. I will add you :)
  • chynudol
    Options
    Hi Im new..love this site! A good buddy of my introduced me to it. Im a mom...in it for the long hall. I want to loose a whole person 145 pounds. Wish me luck!
  • appashley
    appashley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 weeks and know I want to loose the weight when the baby gets here.
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have two little girls, my oldest is 3.5 and my youngest is 10 months. I was overweight before I got pregnant with both..eek. I have been using mfp since the end of August and have lost 25 pounds..i have quite a bit more to lose, so I am definitely here for the long haul!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kiddos of my own. My oldest will be 6 in March, and the baby is 6.5 months now. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and found out that I'm now heavier than I was when I had the baby. I think becoming a stay at home mom very unexpectedly was the kicker for me. I lost my job while I was still on maternity leave, and since I'd only been at that job 8 months before starting maternity leave, FMLA didn't cover me. So I'm home taking care of my boys, but obviously not taking very good care of myself. I just joined last week, and I'm doing everything I can to get and stay on track. My oldest is wonderful about starting to do some exercising with me and eating healthier, and it helps, but having a support system that I'm finding on here is even more help.
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I sent my intro with my friend request sorry! lol. Hope you have room for one more! ;0)

Tracy
  • cdnkitty
    cdnkitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Whooo - my first MFP forum post.

I'm now trying to lose between 20 and 40lbs after 2 back-to-back pregnancies - My first son Foster was stillborn full term in March 2010, and we fortunately got pregnant with #2 quickly - Kipling was born late May 2011. I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight and have been since about 2 weeks after Kip arrived, but it's the weight I gained between 2005 and 2009 that I'm working on ditching.

I'm tracking my food and doing bodyrock.tv workouts plus walking when the weather is good (I'm in Ontario, Canada and winter is cold here).
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Mom of 2 here, oldest is 9 and the youngest is 16 months! I was over weight to began with when I got pregnant with my last kid. Infact I was in the middle of my 1st weight lost journey (had lost 45 pounds) when I found out I was pregnant. Oh the irony!!
    But here I am on round 2 of my journey and this time I plan to to keep the weight off and not to get pregnant, hahaha! Add me if you like!
  • britneyrene
    britneyrene Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a mom of two. My son Finley is two, and my daughter Zoey is 5 months. I have about 20 lbs of post baby weight to lose. I am also a teacher. I teach first grade, and I am completing a Superintendent licensure program. I have almost no time for ANYTHING other than work, kids, and school. I try to workout right after school before I pick up the babies. Feel free to add me.
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello! I am a mom of 3. My oldest is 13 and the youngest is 1. I was in great shape before I got pregnant with baby #3 and I am hoping to get back to where I was (120lbs).
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    I am also a mom of 4 kids....7, 5 , 3 and 9 weeks. I have struggled with weight my whole life. at my heaviest i was 211 (weight at delivery of my youngest) I am now down to 191 but stuck.
  • MelBee29
    Options
    hi everyone im 29 & a stay at home mom of two (1 1/2 & 8) looking for friends and motivation ! I was 135lbs prebaby and went up to 181 :noway: and im trying to lose it! Its been hard but its coming off slowly and now im 165 :blushing:

add me if you would like !
  • twokids02
    Options
    hey im a mom of a 6yr old and a 2.5 yr old. i just joined today and would love to add some friends
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    I have one daughter that is 9 and I just recently lost all my 'baby' weight! LOL I gained 60 lbs when I was pregnant with her and it took me a very long time to learn about nutrition and health. Now shooting for 10 lbs less that my prepregnancy weight! :smile:
  • Skaren
    Skaren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have three kids, 10, 3 and 1. the ten year old is actually my step son of whom my hubby has full custody, so i didn't gain any weight with him. I was overweight for 3 years before my first pregnancy during which i gained 3 pounds. I continued loosing weight before i got pregnant with my second. During my second pregnancy I gained 10 pounds. After i gave birth, i gained about 15 pounds.

From the day i found out i was pregnant with my first (about 4 years ago today!) to today i have lost 50 pounds and gained back ten since last June.

I have 16 more pounds to go....i had logged in for 263 days before i fell off the band wagon,,,so I'm back for the last sprint!

I am also a fitness professional by trade and i have several certifications is pre and post natal fitness. I also teach 4 strollercize classes a week so feel free to pick my brain about post natal exercise and 'rehab'. I taught classes until the 25th week of my last pregnancy to the tune of 10 classes a week (in retrospect, i am a little nuts!)

Interesting..i calculated my date that i should achieve my goal weight...which i about one week before we are going to try and get pregnant again. Funny!

Feel free to friend me :)

Cheers,

karen
  • hmpilletere
    Options
    Hi, pretty new here I guess...looking to loose "baby weight"! It really is baby weight though...I was/am pretty healthy and before baby (Reilly, she is 15 months) I was 135lbs @ 5'5. I gained 45lbs with my pregnancy :( I have lost 37 of that 45. but would also like to loose an additional 5lbs and get to 130lb.

I don't like working out until its over and I feel great about it :) I love tattoos(my husband has way more than I do), I enjoy music in general. I love reading and just lounging with my husband and sweet baby.