Home made meatballs

Options
ashley516
ashley516 Posts: 63 Member
Who has a good recipe?? It's spaghetti night!

Replies

• PetersonMatthew
    Options
    turkey meatballs, which can be served with the tomato sauce of your choice

Servings: Makes 15–20 meatballs
    Ingredients
    2 pounds ground turkey
    1 medium onion , chopped
    1/2 red pepper , chopped
    1/2 green pepper , chopped
    3 cloves garlic , chopped
    2 eggs
    1 Tbsp. bread crumbs
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. ground pepper
    Olive oil or vegetable oil
    Directions
    Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and stir briefly, until it's almost yellow. Add red pepper, green pepper and fry for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes, then remove from stove to cool. Let cool for 10 minutes.

Place flour on a large plate (for ease in creating the balls). With a wooden spoon, mix together turkey, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, sautéed onions and peppers, and bread crumbs. Form a tablespoon size of the turkey mixture in the shape of ball. Place each meatball in skillet and fry until slightly brown. Slightly press the center of each meatball to make sure the center cooks.

Arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle ground pepper over top of each.
  • ashley516
    Options
    Thank you!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    These are pretty good and a like making extra for snacking. You can easy only make half if you don't need that many but there so yummy :-)
  • JohnsonTL
    Options
    Looks good. We are making that tonight for dinner. Yum!
  • ashley516
    Options
    These are pretty good and a like making extra for snacking. You can easy only make half if you don't need that many but there so yummy :-)

I don't need that many but I think I'm gonna make that many and pop the leftovers in the freezer! Sounds good.
  • Horseyrider
    Options
    I'm making homemade meatballs to go in spaghetti sauce tonight. But I'm using grass fed Longhorn beef. This type of beef is actually lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than white meat chicken, and yet has a lovely, juicy, beefy taste. Plus, they have the wonderful CLAs, which actually encourage HDLs and discourage LDLs.

I really love good beef, and grass fed Longhorn is the answer for me.

Here's a nutrition breakdown: http://www.hearthappybeef.com/WhyGrass-fedBeef.htm

I'll be thinking of you tonight when I dig in! ;-)
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I thought the biggest loser meatballs were pretty good. You can google the recipe! :)
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i make them with ground turkey breast , no bread crumbs and egg whites.. all the spices are the same as most meatballs
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a homemade sauce and meatball recipe! So yummy and easy. I personally use turkey sausage in both.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Bump