I'm a newbie!

Options
Hey all!

I'm so excited to start this journey.. i've always tried losing weight (joined a gym and paid for months and never went!)... decided it's time to really motivate myself and do this! A blog i follow joined this site and i figured why not! I've been looking around seeing what this site has to offer and i'm LOVING IT!

Does anyone have any tips/advice and go to foods?!

Replies

• scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello!

A few of my fave snacks:

low-fat greek yogurt with a handful of fresh or frozen berries
    roasted garbanzo beans (yum!)
    low-fat string cheese
    a honeycrisp apple or banana with natural peanut butter.
  • luv2Bsilly
    luv2Bsilly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm two weeks old...ha. Love this site too, very helpful and lots of support:) You can friend me if you'd like.

I too love string cheese and Kashi bars and frozen steamers are great I've found. I'm still using alot of Progessive soups and things until I get better at cooking healthier. Good luck!! sue:smile:
  • madlerhome
    madlerhome Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi, and good luck. i have found success with adding greek yogurt and nuts (almonds, walnuts) to my diet. while higher in calories, these foods deliver great nutrition for the calories, which is what it is all about. i now think about eating as a way to give myself nutrition to make me feel better, which helps fight off some of the cravings. i also eat kashi go lean cereal (not the crunch or fruit versions), it has a ton of protein and dietary fiber, literally the most nutritious best tasting cereal i ever had. the other advice i would give you is to drink lots of water and give up soda including diet soda. if you have a lot of bad habits you might also want to eliminate them one at a time rather than go cold turkey which never worked for me. and make sure you work in an excercise program to take advantage of your lowering weight. it is my experience that weight loss if 80% food and 20% exercise, but the exercise let's you take advantage of the lower weight. best of luck!
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    I love snacking on and type of almond or walnut. Also I'm a big fan of fruit and yogurt.
    I'm always up for new friends ans learning from other experiences! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    Good luck! You're going to do great. My snacks kinda depend on how many calories I have left in the day. They are usually under 200 cal. Let's see, smart pop kettle corn, frozen pineapple cups, fat free-sugar free chocolate/vanilla swirl ice cream (200 cal for a cup), toast w/ nutella, and trail mix.
  • Katty26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your tips & go-to items!