Honour Thy Body, LOVE Thy Body

Options
Everyone that's joined MFP has their own reasons. Some of you want to feel healthier, others want to fit into the jeans they wore in college. Some of us want to lose 20 pounds and others are aiming for 100. Whatever your reason is, it's real, it's honest and it's VALID. That, right there, deserves a gold star, so go ahead and give yourself one.

I scan the message boards on here each day and see a variety of topics. I read the status updates of my friends on MFP and am encouraged by seeing the camaraderie between us all. Often I see people that are hard on themselves for one thing or another, whether it's getting off track for a day, going over our daily caloric intake or simply not seeing our weight loss progress as quickly as we'd like it.

At the end of the day, we're all here because we want to see change within ourselves. We have all recognized and acknowledged that we could be and want to be healthier, happier and more whole. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but a journey to health, happiness and feeling whole begins from within. It's cliche to say, but it's true.

I just want to encourage each of you to LOVE yourself. Applaud yourself for having the courage to make the journey to wellness. Don't be hard on yourself for little slips, but give yourself a pat on the back for the progress that you do see. If you're hungry, eat! If you took the stairs instead of the elevator or walked to work instead of drove, recognize that! Small steps are still steps in the right direction and they should be celebrated! Make friends with food - food is not your enemy but a source of nourishment and health. Honour how you feel, celebrate the progress you make and be quick to encourage each other. You're worth it!

Replies

• Mama2HnC
    Options
    Love you!

You said it beautifully!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! It is nice to know there are people who share how I see this journey.
  • laurashapiro
    laurashapiro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful sentiment! Thank you so much! You really hit the nail on the head. And, we should all try our best to support one another on this lifestyle change.

xx-Laura