JOYFUL JANUARY CHALLENGE WK 3!!

Options
****WAY TO GO EVERYONE!! ****:drinker: HERE'S TO THE 3RD WEEK OF THIS CHALLENGE!! :bigsmile:

Can you believe 2 weeks of this challenge are over!?!? It's crazy! and you all are doing such a great job!
I'm so proud of you all! Everyone is doing such a great job!:happy:

Okay so we all are still working on these mini goal throughout the month! AWESOME!

I think I'm going to have another one though
I liked FabulousFifty's Idea of nothing after dinner, no snacks, and to drink some tea!
I'm a snacker and that has GOTTA CHANGE!!!:smile:

So anything you all want to share about what has or has not worked for you these past two weeks?
I'm so GLAD TO HAVE YOU ALL ON BOARD WITH THIS CHALLENGE!! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!! :flowerforyou:

IT'S GOING TO BE AN AWESOME 3rd WEEK!! WHOOOO!!!!

Replies

• alishuman
    Options
    I'm so excited to start week 3! Having you all here has made it much more fun, and the accountability factor has gotten me up off the couch to exercise when I don't really want to.

I'm continuing my mini-goal of no added sugar, especially to me tea. I did find a really nice tea that tastes so delish, I don't think I'd even want to add sugar. It's Good Earth Pomegranate Superfruit Tea. It is green tea with pomegranate and cherry.

I'm adding a second mini-goal, which will spill over into February... But I have had this fitness program for the Wii - EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge. I've had it for almost 2 years, and started the challenge many times, but never have completed it. I am goig to complete it this time!

I will say, one thing that is working for me is actually eating breakfast. I find myself less apt to snack. It's actually hard to get enough calories in. The book I'm following for my weight loss program says that really we sould be eating our largest meal at breakfast, second largest at lunch, and smallest in the evening (you know, that whole "breakfast like a king, supper like a pauper" deal). Anyway, because I generally have plenty of calories left at the end of the day, I have been treating myself to a small dish of fresh fruit with unsweetened whipped cream on top for dessert at night. =)

Thank you, MissMyMy, for hosting this challenge!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,

Cant believe we are half way through already and I have to agree this has made me more strict on not going 'wont work out today' as I know im reporting my weight loss and jave the support of others doing the same. Week 2 was clearly a slower week than the first week so I know I will have to work harder to continue with good results.

I thought of another mini goal for myself today and its to do more lower body toning work especially sit ups, I do alot of walking and classes so the other areas tend to sort themselves out but I only really manage sit-ups once/ twice a week. Going to change this, I have a workout dvd and thought even if I just tune into this area after a bike ride/ gym sesh 3-4 times a wk I know im doing my bit. After recently having twins my stomach is going to need alittle more help.

Heres to a good week 3 girls and good results!!! ''GOOD LUCK''
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW 251.8
    W1 251.8
    W2 250.7

Hey, a loss!! Yay!!
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I thought I would have done better...now I'm bummed. :sad: I walked Sun, Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri for at least an hour each day. Did well on my food, (I think)...Anyone want to check my food log? Pointers?

SW: 140.0
    1-7: 138.2
    1-14: 137.0

Loss of 1.2 Sigh
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Haven''t done very well on food this week, but it was the last week of the holidays. On the train back to university as I type!

SW: 138.6lbs
    WK 1:137.6lbs
    WK 2:136.5lbs!

So a BIT of a loss; Survived the holidays!

happy week everyone!
  • carlita123
    carlita123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that we are already into week 3! Although I haven't lost as much as I had wanted, but a loss is still a loss! This past week wasn't the best for me, got stuck going to 3 sales meetings this week and lunch and dinner were provided each day. The good news is that I didn't gain, because I thought for sure that I was going to gain weight this week.

I've been doing ok with my mini-goal of no soda - but I need to really work on this one better! My mini goal for this week is to do 3 Turbo Jam cardio work outs and burn some major calories!
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    Here is to a great week 3 to everyone!

My mini this week will be to also stop snacking after supper.
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I thought I would have done better...now I'm bummed. :sad: I walked Sun, Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri for at least an hour each day. Did well on my food, (I think)...Anyone want to check my food log? Pointers?

Loss of 1.2 Sigh

Not looking at your diary, but how is your sodium and are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water? Sometimes it just takes a body a little time to figure out what you're doing. If you've upped your exercise your body might be saying "I gotta keep these calories around cuz it seems I may need to burn them later."
  • JamieDD
    Options

Loss of 1.2 Sigh

Not looking at your diary, but how is your sodium and are you drinking at least 8 glasses of water? Sometimes it just takes a body a little time to figure out what you're doing. If you've upped your exercise your body might be saying "I gotta keep these calories around cuz it seems I may need to burn them later."

I just added the sodium column to my diary...It was below today. I have been slacking on the water. :blushing: And yes I did up the excerise...I'll get busy on the water. :wink:
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My mini goal this week is to not add salt to my food, and also to stay strong as I'm away with work for the week!! I'm going to promise myself to do strength training each night in my hotel room, and keep my calories low as I won't be exercising as much as I have done the past 2weeks! X
  • JamieDD
    Options
    Looking back over my food logs...I see I haven't be getting all my water. So that shall be my mini-goal. :smile: I did get in my 5 days of walking for last weeks mini-goal. :flowerforyou: to me. lol
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    SW: 266.5
    W2: 266.1
    W3: 265.2 --bigger loss!! (0.9 LBS)

Even thought i am not exactly on track to lose 10 lbs i DID lose another 2.5 INCHES THIS WEEK =) That puts my total since NOV at 10.5 inches!!!

MINI-GOAL: drink my 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY <3

YOU ALL HAVE DONE AWESOME THIS WEEK!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
  • amoelli
    Options
    SW: 166
    Wk 1: 164.6
    Wk 2: 165

Okay, I went up a little but I blame it on water weight...and not behaving this weekend. Going to kick into high gear this week. I'm working out a lot more than I was so I'm hoping some of the gain is muscle as I'm losing fat. My pants feel better so I'm headed in the right direction. The measurements at the end of the month will tell the real story.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sw - 164 lbs (01/01/2012)
    Week 1 - 163.5 lbs
    Week 2 - 163 lbs
    Week 3 - 162lbs
    Week 4 - xxx lbs

Total loss for January - xx lbs

Mini goal drink more water!
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Whats worked for me this week has been bircher muesli. It tastes soooooo good and is very filling so I am not hungry at all till lunch.

I've been using:
    1/2 cup fruit and nut muesli
    1/4 cup yoghurt (any flavor but strawberry was delish)
    1/4 cup apple and mango juice
    Mix, cover and put in the fridge overnight or longer.
    Then add 30mls of milk cause I don't like it super thick and fruit, whatever I feel like on the day but mostly blueberries, strawberries or banana.

SW 300lbs
    Wk 1 - 7th ~ 295lbs
    Wk 2 - 14th ~ 293lbs
    Wk 3 - 21st ~ 291lbs
    Wk 4 - 28th xxxlbs
  • MissMyMy
    Options
    Well week three down;
    SW 255
    WK1 250
    WK2 248.5
    WK3: 247!!!

Down 1.5lbs this week! only 2 lbs to go to reach my monthly goal this month! HECK YES!

you all have been doing a FANTASTIC JOB! So glad to have you on board for this challenge!
    HERE COMES WEEK 4!
  • alishuman
    Options
    Ok...

SW: 214

WK 1: 211
    WK 2: 209
    WK 3: 207

-7 lbs. total
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    SW- 260.0
    01/07- 255.5
    01/14- 253.5
    01/20- 251.5

-8.5 lbs total.

Have a great week everyone!!!!
  • carlita123
    carlita123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW: 194.6
    W1: 193.6
    W2: 192.2
    W3: 192.0
    W4:
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    SW: 248
    1/7: 241
    1/14:244
    1/21:239.4!!!! I'm finally back into the 230s!!:D yay!!
    1/28:

-8.6lbs Total!:D