What is your favorite sushi roll?

Options
Hey friends, I've been craving sushi the past few days! What is a great tasting roll with not a ridiculous amount of calories?

Replies

• PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Cucumber roll! no raw fish! ick!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    sorry I didn't read the not part :laugh:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    spicy tuna, or crunch spicy tuna with the tempura flakes on top, if I'm being bad, but not easy on the calories. Toro rolls are yummy too, they are tuna belly (a 'good' fat) and green onion

I also really like rolls that are jam packed with veggies.

I try to stay away from california rolls because of the mayo and I've heard the imitation crab meat is higher up in carbs/sugar
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Las Vegas Roll!!!!!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Any number of them are good, although my all time favorite is the JB Roll (salmon, cream cheese, cucumber, scallion, inside out). Lately, however, I've been just getting sashimi and a side of rice. Oh, and no soy sauce. Amazing how good the fish actually tastes all by itself :wink:
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    Any number of them are good, although my all time favorite is the JB Roll (salmon, cream cheese, cucumber, scallion, inside out). Lately, however, I've been just getting sashimi and a side of rice.
    That's what I normally get! But they call it something different at my local sushi restaurant :smile:
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Yoko Roll at The Eatery on Broadway in Vancouver BC. Check out their 15 page menu. WOW incredible place. When I am not there I usually order the avocado roll (no mayo) I'm addicted to avocado. Oh and at the Eatery I had tempura avocado...heavenly
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Lately its Spicy tuna roll & 2 pieces salmon sushi when I go out

Otherwise (higher cal) it's
    Philly roll (cucumber, salmon, cream cheese)
    Or
    Rainbow roll
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Spicy Tuna Roll
    Sashimi

I also like the Dynamite rolls, but they aren't low cal.
  • cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    I love just about any roll that doesn't have salmon. Lately I've been eating the seared ahi salad. Amazing Salad!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Screw the rolls, just eat sushi. Hamachi and Saba being my favorites.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    california roll.... yummmmm
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Volcano Roll! Had it at Kanki recently :)
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Screw the rolls, just eat sushi. Hamachi and Saba being my favorites.

^this...and now I'm craving sushi, haha.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The Yoko Roll at The Eatery on Broadway in Vancouver BC. Check out their 15 page menu. WOW incredible place. When I am not there I usually order the avocado roll (no mayo) I'm addicted to avocado. Oh and at the Eatery I had tempura avocado...heavenly

really... i must check it out....
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Unagi.
  • kjenelle
    kjenelle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the volanco roll...but for now i choose the spicy tuna no crunchy tempura!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Mackerel, tuna, salmon, ebi, unagi, California roll... and seaweed salad! I could eat a bucket of seaweed salad.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The simpler the roll, the less calories. Avoid anything tempura style. A rainbow roll is definitely a good choice. But like others have said, if the place has good sushi or sashimi, it's the best bet. Unfortunately here in Florida, most of the places really only feature rolls and don't have good regular sushi or sashimi options.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Cherry blossom.