Anyone else amazed by...

Options
how much you can eat (and lose weight!) IF you are eating the right foods, and exercise.

I always thought you had to starve yourself to lose weight. I had years of yo-yo dieting before joining MFP, and am really enjoying my new lifestyle!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So true!! I was amazed that I could set up 6 meals a day and keep it under 1200...........but love to exercise and get my extra 300-600!! Then I am like WOW I get another whole meal!!

And I like that I dont eat empty calories. I will look at something and say..........what will that do for my body??

Thanks for reminding me, Jen!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    So happy you've realized this! I really hate to think of people starving and suffering to do this. It really is amazing that by being sensible and moving your body, you can get the weight off!

And thinking of food as fuel is a great change to your lifestyle and helps you to really pay attention to how everything you eat will make you feel. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • centralwife
    Options
    I think that is my struggle. I'm not eating enough so the weight is not coming off like I'd like. I need to work harder at balance.
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the one thing i always hated about diets was the all the food i hated. cottage cheese,tomatoes blah blah bah. but ive learned I can still eat all the things i truly want as long as its in moderation and not overboard. its helped me alot staying on the right path to success.
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So true! At least for now, I rarely get very hungry and I don't feel I'm depriving myself. I have had a couple cravings for foods that would be bad for anyone (ie. - donuts), but I just think of all the other things I can eat that would satisfy that craving but not be so high in calories, sugar and fat. I think a lot about an episode of this season's Biggest Loser when one of the trainers visited a family at home and said you can either have 1/3 of that hamburger, 1/4 of the fries and two shot glasses worth of a chocolate shake, or you can have a whole foot long of turkey breast sandwich and baked chips from Subway. Obviously the Subway meal will keep you fuller longer and is healthier too, but still takes great.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think a lot about an episode of this season's Biggest Loser when one of the trainers visited a family at home and said you can either have 1/3 of that hamburger, 1/4 of the fries and two shot glasses worth of a chocolate shake, or you can have a whole foot long of turkey breast sandwich and baked chips from Subway. Obviously the Subway meal will keep you fuller longer and is healthier too, but still takes great.

I actually made almost the same sort of decision last night. I didn't feel like making supper, and usually we would order pizza on nights like that. Instead I decided to take the family out to Subway for dinner!
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That was a great idea. And I'm sure you're really glad you did it. :)