How I lost 135 Pounds!!!!!

Options
cstew44
cstew44 Posts: 24 Member
MFP Family, I was asked today, and have been asked several times over the year . . . How did I lose all the weight? and What is my path to success? In the spirit of sharing what worked for me . . . I am sharing my journey with you all by pasting my response, in hope it could be of help to others . . . Please do what works best for you or what has been working for you. We are all different . . . just sharing my journey.

.. . The path to my success has been clean eating, exercise, good sleep and ridding myself of people and/or things that create stress in my life. You have no idea how often I get the question, Did you have that surgery to lose the weight? Well, the answer is no!!!! What I did have was the answer to prayer and the discipline to follow my daily logging of food and exercise. I didn't start on MFP until around March 2011 and by that time I had already lost 30 pounds.

I officially started my journey on 1/6/11 in a Weight Watchers meeting with my girlfriend. I tried following their plan but found trying to eat the number of points I was allowed was a lot of food and I never got as much food eaten as they prescribed but I was losing weight. Then one day I was searching the web for something to help me track my calorie intake and ran across MFP. I started using it as my tracking tool and stopped counting points. I still go to my weekly WW meetings with my girl but we only use it for the weigh in (scale). There is something about that scale that holds us both accountable during the week. We always have it in the back of our mind ... "Don't forget, you have to weigh in on Thursday!!!"

I try and keep my carbs low, sodium intake moderate (1500mg), protein moderate to high and limit my sugars to fruit ( this area I have blown every week) - because ever since 1/6/11, I have eaten 3 scoops of Baskin and Robbins ice cream (EVERY WEEK). Not doing so well with cutting the ice cream back in 2012 yet either - just being honest - ( but Its a goal this year to cut back on the ice cream).

Last thing ... See my supplement stack (usually taken first thing in the morning) everyday ... It is really the difference maker. It helps curb my appetite and burn fat. The secret mix is the Dieter's Green Tea (which is no joke)behind will DEFINITELY ... keep you clean!!! (lol) Well, there you have it ...

This is my journey and the little things I do. I hope it can be of some help to you and your journey. My journey has been nothing short of a miracle ... I would have never thought I could have lost 134.6 pounds in a year! God Bless!!!!!

Replies

• killerkitsune
    killerkitsune Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, great to hear huge success stories like this!
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, an inspiration to us all!
  • Leaker12
    Options
    great job, thanks for the tips.....
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is amazing!! Thanks for sharing your story and that just motivates me more to get up and do my best!!!
  • goodhealth2012
    Options
    Congrats! And thanks for sharing your story on HOW you did it, I know everybody is different but it's motivating to hear what works for other people! I think I'll pass on the tea though! lol.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! You've done amazing and I appreciate hearing how you did it! Good luck kicking the ice cream habit- at least it's only once a week ;)
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A-MAZ-ING!!! and I love the bit about the ice cream. See you don't feel deprived and you still have succeeded in losing. Yaaaay for you!
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    awesome and thank you for sharing how you did it!
    You inspire me :D
  • GetSetGo73
    GetSetGo73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    WOW well done you. Fantastic weight loss!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Congrats... your doing so well! A great story thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great story. Well done!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great success journey, and wise words, thank you for sharing.
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats from me. I've lost a similar amount. The difference in feeling and look is shocking isn't it?
  • lollye51
    lollye51 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @RiverTom, just took a peek at your profile, another WOW, well done true inspiration!
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @RiverTom, just took a peek at your profile, another WOW, well done true inspiration!

Thank you. A little worried about this last week ... Wii scales are claiming I gained 1 pound. (Will check again tomorrow, which is official weekly weigh in day.) But I was half a pound under target last week. I'm allowing myself a wobble of 3 pounds under or 3 pounds over target. So as long as this doesn't turn into a trend, I'm not too worried.

PS: The exercise makes all the difference. But I definitely need to eat a little less "crap" as my 2012 goal is getting to 9 % body fat from current 13 % ...
  • watdan41
    Options
    Awesome Journey, I can only hope to be as disciplined as you. I will think each day of your daily wins and keep plugging after the prize. 18 down and 80 to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!