Jeans, where do you buy yours?

Options
I didn't know where else to put this so I'm posting here in support.

I recently lost 20+ pounds and it's really nice and all but none of my jeans fit (who complains about jeans falling off? This girl). It's annoying because my belts don't hold them up without scrunching the top and they look all saggy. I usually try to stick with Lucky Jeans Sweet 'n Low because they are super cute and have always fit my figure. However, after so many jeans, they begin to all look the same. I have two pairs of SnL and they look identical (not on purpose) and they are the only pairs of jeans that somewhat fit me without looking funny.

So I'd really like to go out and shop for jeans but I don't know where to begin! Can anyone send suggestions my way on what brand they like and where I can find them for fairly cheap? I'm on the shorter side so any jeans around size 6-7 that are either short or petite would be amazing~ Also, I have wider hips and I know some brands are better for that than others. Finally, I will NOT do skinny jeans... I don't like them. :P Yes... I'm a smidge picky but I like my cute and comfortable jeans. ^~^

Replies

• alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Plato's Closet close? If you don't mind gently used, it's a great placet to find name brand jeans for great prices. I've bought jeans that still had the tags on them and paid much less than retail price. I love it because I can take several brands into the dressing room and find which suits my body the best.....and it beats going into a ton of different stores and paying mall prices. :)

ETA: grats on 20 lbs lost!!!! That is a terrific accomplishment!!!:drinker:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've tried on expensive jeans, even own a couple pair. I still swear by American Eagle's jeans. They are reasonably priced too. If you want a pair that are cute and comfy, and can be dressed up or down, try the trouser jean.

I'm a heels kinda girl so I think they look fabulous with a pair of pumps or heeled boots :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many different brand of jeans. The ones I like the best? Men's jeans. It's funny because I always had issues with finding a comfortable, roomy (in the hips) woman's jean. If I found them comfortable in my hips, they left a huge gap at the waist in the back. If they fit my waist, they were so uncomfortable in my hips I could hardly move.

One day I didn't have any jeans clean, so I decided to grab a pair of my boyfriends. And I LOVED how they fit. I believe they are Levi's straight leg, relaxed fit. I also like that I can buy them in lengths since I have the shortest, stubbiest legs. I buy 32"X30" and they are perfect. :)
  • SieSie76
    Options
    Not sure if there's a Plato's Closet nearby so I'll have to look into that. That actually sounds fantastic~! :D And thank you btw! It's such a nice feeling. Still got a little ways to go. ;)

I never tried American Eagle only because when I used to go in their, nothing ever fit. Now that I'm smaller, maybe I should give it a try. Thank you~!

Oh, I used to wear men's jeans all the time! They are super comfy! Maybe I'll consider a pair or two. :)

Thank you everyone!! ♥
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My waist is 10 inches smaller than my hips, so if jeans aren't cut right I also have that bunching problem.

I've found that Old Navy jeans in the "Flirt" or "Sweetheart" waist fit well, and I'm a fan of their bootcut, but these rises also come in trouser or skinny.

Lee jeans also has some great styles that are narrower at the waist and stay up without belts. As for men's jeans, they've never really worked for me as they're not cut for small waists, so I can't say lol.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I buy the Lola at lucky, and I have 4 pairs of them (skinny, boot cut, in 2 or 3 different washes). Yep, they all look pretty much the same but they make my lower half look better than any other jeans I've tried. It's not even that I have brand loyalty but they are the only jeans i'll buy until they don't fit anymore.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there's a Plato's Closet nearby so I'll have to look into that. That actually sounds fantastic~! :D And thank you btw! It's such a nice feeling. Still got a little ways to go. ;)

I never tried American Eagle only because when I used to go in their, nothing ever fit. Now that I'm smaller, maybe I should give it a try. Thank you~!

Oh, I used to wear men's jeans all the time! They are super comfy! Maybe I'll consider a pair or two. :)

Thank you everyone!! ♥

you started at 150 and only have 2 lbs to go? that's awesome! We must have different body types if their jeans didn't fit before losing the weight... I am currently around 155 and I wear their jeans, size 10. the trousers were my most recent purchase.
  • Jillabella180
    Options
    Walmart - cheap and cheerful
  • melcarroll
    melcarroll Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you have a Rue 21 near you, that is where I get mine. Oh, and Delias, but they are a little more expensive. They both carry short sizes, which I need lol.