Teachers! what activity level did you choose when signing up

Options
I was looking back over my settings and wondered if i had entered the right daily activity level. I am a lower primary school teacher and there is lots of up and down and time spent on my feet. I checked very active but i'm wondering if i've overestimated my activity. Are there any other teachers or people with similar jobs? what activity level did you choose?

Replies

• LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I posted a question similar, at first I put moderate, but then I realized I barely sit down! I am always up and walking around so I put down very active. Hope that helps! :)
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks :) I agree. i never seem to stop so I'll stick with and see how i go.
  • semhe
    semhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I go with the activity level that has a nurse as an example, cant remember what it was tho, but it says nurse in parenthesis
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I put light activity (?). I am no longer on class, but do spend all day chasing other peoples kids!!!! I guess I would prefer to underestimate my activity, rather than think I am doing more than I am.
  • steph_arena
    Options
    I am a highschool PE teacher and i put moderately active because although i am on my feet all day and running around I am not as active (IMO) as lets say a construction worker hammering away all day..or even a waitress carrying heavy dinner plates while running around :)
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am early childhood teacher too and I don't sit down all day either. I put lightly active same as the nurse because I didn't want to over estimate either.
  • jennforolivia
    jennforolivia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I put sedentary actually. Yes I am on my feet quite a bit, but just standing or slowly walking around the class. I don't think that's too active. Besides...now I have a lower calorie goal and anything I do at work will just burn those up!
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    hmmm, my trainer did my BMR and wants me to eat 1500 cals, taking into consideration my exercise. With active selected, MFP suggests I consume 1450. Am I right in thinking this is fairly comparable?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm a teachers aid in special education and I put lightly active for mine.. and then just add in and eat my exercise calories.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm a preschool teacher's aide - toddler room...I put "active," as I am constantly getting up and down, running after kids, picking up toys and lifting kiddos. I keep very busy during the day, and when I come home, I try to keep active.
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i would put very active if you are walking around on your feet all day. if you have a heartrate monitor try wearing it all day for a few days to get an idea of how many cals you burn on a typical day and use that average as a baseline.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    hmmm, my trainer did my BMR and wants me to eat 1500 cals, taking into consideration my exercise. With active selected, MFP suggests I consume 1450. Am I right in thinking this is fairly comparable?
    I think this is pretty close. I'd do what the personal trainer recommends.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Same here. I underestimated with lightly active just to make sure.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I used the moderate setting. I teach six pretty decent groups of high school juniors and seniors who are old and mature (there is a difference, IMO) to not always require me up and moving to keep them on task. My other duties keep my me on my feet and moving for most of the time I spend in the building but not in front of the students.