How I lost 135 Pounds!!!!!

Options

Replies

• gailashton
    Options
    Amazing Story, awesome work. You look fabulous. Thank you for sharing!
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you look amazing!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. This is what helps us all to continue this journey, some just travel a little slower (me) then others. But I will get there.
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Amazing story!! Thanks for sharing your journey!!

3108166.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    Outstanding results!! Thank you for sharing. I like the "'remove=ing negative influnces' part. I have the hardest time with that but I am trying.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    and ridding myself of people and/or things that create stress in my life.

OMG, truer words have never been spoken. :) People don't realize what a negative impact on bad attitude can have on someone's life. Sometimes you can't rid yourself of the negativity entirely (for instance, my mom and my husband can be VERY negative - not about my weight, just general attitude) but in those cases you need to stand up for yourself and be sure to limit contact (like iwth my mom - and I tell her exactly why) or just tell them to be positive or shut it lol (like with my husband). :) A positive attitude can mean the difference between success and failure - especially if you deal with things like depression or mania besides the weight loss struggle. :)
  • tamstarella
    Options
    Hi there!
    Congrats on your awesome weght loss. I'm at the start of my journey and have a stack of weight o lose. For me i'm trying the whole clean eating thing too - no processed foods at all. I hear ya on the ice cream thing though - have u thought of making ur own healthy version?? - i'm in australia and it is stinking hot here at the moment. I made some ice cream today that tastes AWESOME and is totally healthy (dairy free)! In a blender blend 2 bananas, 1 mango, 2tbsp of honey and a tin of lite coconut cream - i made 8 ice-creams and it worked out to be about 120 calories each. YUM!!

All the best :-)
  • tkdgirl23
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing , good information. Can you tell me if you worked out everyday? and Congratuations. Very very inspiring - you give me hope. Help my morning!
  • tkdgirl23
    Options
    Your ice cream receipe sounds delicious.. did you add Ice to the blender to make the ice cream
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    bump for low carb success.
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. I checked out your profile and it's just an amazing transformation. Thanks for sharing your story. It's so motivating to read that losing weight is possible!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Wow. Well done.

Yes, it is so individual, isn't it ? We are made awesomely and wonderfully, yet differently.

Cheers

Gazz
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! I think the most important thing you stated was to get rid of all things negative and stressful, people included, out of your life to be successful. I'm definitely gonna look into this tea! LOL :laugh:
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MFP Family, I was asked today, and have been asked several times over the year . . . How did I lose all the weight? and What is my path to success? In the spirit of sharing what worked for me . . . I am sharing my journey with you all by pasting my response, in hope it could be of help to others . . . Please do what works best for you or what has been working for you. We are all different . . . just sharing my journey.

.. . The path to my success has been clean eating, exercise, good sleep and ridding myself of people and/or things that create stress in my life. You have no idea how often I get the question, Did you have that surgery to lose the weight? Well, the answer is no!!!! What I did have was the answer to prayer and the discipline to follow my daily logging of food and exercise. I didn't start on MFP until around March 2011 and by that time I had already lost 30 pounds.

I officially started my journey on 1/6/11 in a Weight Watchers meeting with my girlfriend. I tried following their plan but found trying to eat the number of points I was allowed was a lot of food and I never got as much food eaten as they prescribed but I was losing weight. Then one day I was searching the web for something to help me track my calorie intake and ran across MFP. I started using it as my tracking tool and stopped counting points. I still go to my weekly WW meetings with my girl but we only use it for the weigh in (scale). There is something about that scale that holds us both accountable during the week. We always have it in the back of our mind ... "Don't forget, you have to weigh in on Thursday!!!"

I try and keep my carbs low, sodium intake moderate (1500mg), protein moderate to high and limit my sugars to fruit ( this area I have blown every week) - because ever since 1/6/11, I have eaten 3 scoops of Baskin and Robbins ice cream (EVERY WEEK). Not doing so well with cutting the ice cream back in 2012 yet either - just being honest - ( but Its a goal this year to cut back on the ice cream).

Last thing ... See my supplement stack (usually taken first thing in the morning) everyday ... It is really the difference maker. It helps curb my appetite and burn fat. The secret mix is the Dieter's Green Tea (which is no joke)behind will DEFINITELY ... keep you clean!!! (lol) Well, there you have it ...

This is my journey and the little things I do. I hope it can be of some help to you and your journey. My journey has been nothing short of a miracle ... I would have never thought I could have lost 134.6 pounds in a year! God Bless!!!!!

Well...not that I'm promoting it...but ce cream actually has a medium GI rating...so it's better in terms on keeping your blood sugar levels low than white bread or packs of instant oats...it's on the same level as a banana without all the vitamins and fiber. Lol so 3 scoops a week...I say you good bro... But if you're looking for alternatives...try skinny cow or arctic zero... Oooooor have your ice cream over hot oatmeal. Reason this is better is the same reason ice cream has a medium GI rating - Dairy is a low GI carb and raw sugar is a high GI carb... Mix the two, as is done with ice cream, and you get a medium GI carb source(source GI website under FAQ) so... Mix ice cream with either oatmeal(which I loved and miss and you may too) or any berries and or some nuts( nut only if you have a deccent fat % intake allowed for yourself).... (berries are low GI which is why sugar from dairy and most fruit doesn't count btw again GI website) you can make ice cream a limitless lower still on the GI scale :))) good luck man keep us posted!!
  • santamommy
    Options
    ^^^^^5 This is what I like to hear! You are a inspiration!
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love your testimony~~ Great job
  • karmenjeff
    Options
    You lost 135 eating ice cream!!! That is everyones goal, to modify their eating to allow their favorites. I vote you keep the ice cream! Great job on your loss!! You are an inspiration to all of us. Good luck!
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Thank you for posting your story, what a positive and inspiring journey - be proud of your success, you've earned it!!!!!!!!!
  • KARIEM_S
    KARIEM_S Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thats a 'wow' story. Good luck and mind ur ice creams
    btw where can u buy these dieter's herbal tea in the UK and whats dies it cost. I tried googling and found some on ebay for £17. Is it better o but online?
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You are an inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!