I reached my first 10% weight loss!

Options
Anyone who has started up with a weight loss program has probably come across the idea of using the goal of losing 10% of your initial body weight. That has been my first overall target and I finally hit it today. I know I have a lot more than that to lose, but for me this is a big deal. I've been at this for 4 months and a month of that, I was stuck on a plateau. I have had to fight for every single drop in my weight every week, and many times the scale didn't reflect the effort I was putting in. So now I am truly happy today to see results. I still wish things would go faster, but I at least know it's working. Yay!

Here's a list of possible benefits from losing 10% of your initial weight:

* Reduce the symptoms of sleep apnea.
* Lower your total cholesterol.
* Lower your blood pressure.
* Reduce your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
* Reduce your risk for heart attack.
* Stop the need of taking one or more medications.
* Reduce pain and inflammation.
* Be proud of your accomplishment and ready to take on the next challenge.

Replies

• roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    Congrats!! You deserve to be so proud of yourself! Good Luck on your next goal. :happy: :happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Good for you.
    :flowerforyou:
    Keep it up.
  • JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm so-o-o-o-o happy for you! You are an inspiration!:happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I also made 10% my first goal and I'm 1/3 of the way there. You must feel very accomplished! Keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    That's great! Well done :flowerforyou:

I've never heard of using 10% loss as a goal but that's my second goal now. I'm half way there already :smile:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Well done. Remember a 100% is made of of 10s.

So proud and happy for you
  • planetcitygirl73
    planetcitygirl73 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've got a lot of advice and support from people on here, so I literally couldn't have got this far without you. My next goal is 20%, which is another 30 pounds and would put me at 250. That's still obese, but I know it would make a big difference in my appearance and my energy. After losing 31.5 pounds, I already have the energy and drive to get out and do more. Can't wait till I take away another 30 pounds that my body is lugging around.

PS - MissGorgeous, how on earth did you lose over 100 pounds. I sooo want to see that triple digit loss...and newDZ, you are very much an inspiration, having lost 54 pounds so far. WTG! Congrats to others as well on your weight loss journey. Every pound gone helps!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i just did what everyone else here is doing
    working out and counting calories!
    if you stick to your goals and calories and work outs
    mfp is right

in 5 weeks you will weigh....its always on track
    granted i would get there a few days early but its on track at telling you what you will weigh!
    which kept me motivated!
  • Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    Congrats, thats awesome!:happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Congrats! Your doing great!:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go :flowerforyou:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. It's not the mountain it's the pebbles that count.
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Congratulations!

I just figured it up and 10% for me would be 16.5 pounds lost and I've lost 17.4! Thinking about it at the % I've lost makes it seem a lot bigger of an accomplishment. I'd always heard about health benefits of losing 10% of your body weight but never thought about using it as a goal. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I've been kind of down on myself lately because the weight loss had slowed down (at times completely stopped). Thank you for making me really look at what I've already accomplished.

To reach my goal I need to lose 24.25% of my starting weight and I'm down 10.5% now...makes it seem a lot more possible looking at it that way. Thanks for the motivation and congrats on your awesome progress! Keep up the good work!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!