new here , i love the site so far

sparklinblue
sparklinblue Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there
My name is Anna and I am new here . So far I am liking everything about this place, especially the tools.Who ever started this place, Im glad I found it .And I am hoping to make this my morning coffee spot.
I am in need of shedding about 60lbs, give or take a few. Or I would like to be back into a size 6/8 by January. I hope to get to know some of you here , and maybe make a friend along my way.

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
    Hi Anna,

Welcome to MFP:bigsmile:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. Read the posts on Motivation and Support or Fitness and Exercise and choose a group that you feel comfortable with. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hey there
    My name is Anna and I am new here . So far I am liking everything about this place, especially the tools.Who ever started this place, Im glad I found it .And I am hoping to make this my morning coffee spot.
    I am in need of shedding about 60lbs, give or take a few. Or I would like to be back into a size 6/8 by January. I hope to get to know some of you here , and maybe make a friend along my way.

Hi Anna, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you so much for the encouragement and info.
    By the way you guys have some impressive numbers there.
    I have joined a "challenge" already !!!And thanks for the tip on inputting my food FIRST, great idea.
    And yes I will be comming by here every day maybe every few hours..:)
This discussion has been closed.