Juicing?

Options
Hey all, I have read a lot about Juicing and how great it is for your health. Anyone had experience with daily vegetable juicing? I'm also curious how to track it on the food diary, because the fiber etc is taken out.

Replies

• dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am curious too as we juice at least once a week (my toddler wont go near veggies but loves them in the juice)
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    *breaths a sigh of relief* I thought I was coming into a thread discussing the use of steroids.

It is a good way to get veggie serves in but it is always better to eat them.

There is an interesting documentary on juice. It is called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. This guy drops an insane amount of weight from just drinking juice for a few months. Havent watched it yet but thats what its about. I do not suggest this.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I thought it was about roid use too lol
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    *breaths a sigh of relief* I thought I was coming into a thread discussing the use of steroids.

Me too
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It might be a healthy thing to incorporate into your weight loss regimen but not as your solitary diet. I think it looks interesting and have seen celebrities say they have lost a ton of weight by doing it but have never tried it myself.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing some juicing as well. For now I am doing green smoothies until I can get a good juicer. I am planning on trying to get in one a day. I might try a juice fast after I run my 10K. The Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead documentary is great! You can watch it instantly on Nextflix. They also have a website with lots and lots of info. There is also a group on here called Juicing Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. Join us!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I juice (fruits and veggies) a lot. I watched the movie an dloved it. I had juiced in the past and then moved and just never really got back in to it. I lost 9 pounds in a month by juicing all day an dthen having a healthy dinner. The energy is awesome!

With juicing, you get the energy from all the nutrients right away instead of waiting for it to digest. I usually juice every other day and do enough to last about 48 hours. It takes me about an hour from start to finish, because of prepping all the stuff before juicing it. There are some juices already in the food diary. Also, jointhereboot.com has some recipies with nutritional info and you can look at other calorie websites for the info and then put it in here.
  • GraceOrr
    Options
    I think there can be many benifits to juicing. If I were going to do it, I would talk with my local health food store first, my main concern would be making sure that I get an adequate supply of everything else that juice does not supply. Maybe a supplement/ vitiman plus the juicing would be ok.
    As far as adding the cals, Id make the juice at home in a blender then portion it out, and add it in as quick cals.
    I hope that helped :)
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I don't juice, but my sister does and she has had great success with it. She makes sure she still gets her protein. But she has dropped about 20 lbs (in about 3 months), has lowered her blood pressure and her cholesterol.