Wii calorie burn

Options
I'm confused. I can do 60 minutes of Wii free step (averaging over 5200 steps) and according to MFP I burn only 207 calories, but walking the dog at a moderate pace for 30 minutes burns 213???

Does anyone else think this is strange? Does anyone know where I can find an accurate calorie burn for the Wii fit games?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    you need to get a heart rate monitor to know for sure.
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the calories burned are quite generous. Each person will burn at a different rate based on your weight, normal activity and energy level. I like the numbers but am wary to eat them all back. I think you are safe to eat back 1/2. The Wii is a great tool for fun and weight loss.
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    I also suggest that you wear a heart rate monitor. I use both the wii fit and wii ea sports active 2 and I find that the calories that the games say that I burn is not correct. Also even though the ea sports does come with a hrm, I have found that it is not accurate.
  • valeriek1970
    valeriek1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I noticed the calories I burned on wii were much lower than the calories I burned when I put the exercise in MFP, sometimes by half. I go with the lower Wii numbers but I wonder if anyone knows which is more accurate.