NSV - walking upstairs!

Options
My first NSV! - usually I don't take anything upstairs because I need to hang onto the side and haul myself upstairs gasping as I go! My first NSV is walking upstairs with arms full of a pile of washing and not having to cling onto the rail to struggle up there! Massive small victory for me. The gym is paying off!

Replies

• sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Keep it up.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    what a great feeling!!
    keep it going :)
  • squeeze32
    squeeze32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well done!
    I am at work today, 5 floors up! Was going to have lunch break at desk. Decided to briskly walk down stairs, then go straight back up - 120 stairs each way! Have not tried to leave my desk chair since though and may fall over once try to stand!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! It's the little things we keep noticing that make the difference. Brilliant, keep it up.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That had to feel great!!! AWESOME NSV!!!!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!!! I love that feeling as well. We have stairs in our house that kill me but not this week! Way to go!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Hooray for YOU!!!!!!!!!!

NSV like these are great reminders when we *doubt* ourselves- "am I REALLY changing?"

Lock this one away in your mind....
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Right on!!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: What a great feeling that is!!
  • KimberlyRX1
    KimberlyRX1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well done keep it up. I work in a high raised building and I try to do the stairs as often as possible - I'm currently working on the 8th floor and have yet to do all of them, but I'll get there just takes time.
  • Betsiz17
    Betsiz17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I look forward to that, also. Not quite there yet.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is so good - I long for the time when I can get to the top floor of our 3 storey house without being out of breath! Now you can remember this feeling each time you go upstairs, and feel so proud of how far you've come!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That is HUGE! Congratulations!
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My first NSV! - usually I don't take anything upstairs because I need to hang onto the side and haul myself upstairs gasping as I go! My first NSV is walking upstairs with arms full of a pile of washing and not having to cling onto the rail to struggle up there! Massive small victory for me. The gym is paying off!

That is so awesome, I am truely inspired and its so great to hear about your success, keep it up and you have our support!!!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so wonderful!
  • Scorpiotwinkle
    Options
    haha - I know how you feel Squeeze32! The fact that you tried and succeeded is brilliant. Keep up the good work!
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Aaah!! Congratulations! :) Isn't it an amazing feeling when you accomplish something you've never been able to do before? I'm proud of you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!