going up and down same few pounds?

Options
2»

Replies

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Ive had a look on here and chose the maintenance option and it says that i should be 1560 to maintain?? if this is right eating 1500 wont help me lose weight!

Any thoughts anyone?

whats is your height / weight / activity level?
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 3 and around 124-126 lbs. I would say i am pretty active, i walk to and from work every day 25 mins each way, run 3 times a week and do body pump on the alternative days and have recently started to do shred ( on day 9) My job is office based though so i dont really move at all while im at work.

Thanks for everyones replies, it is really helpful to have other peoples opinions/experiences. :)
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 3 and around 124-126 lbs. I would say i am pretty active, i walk to and from work every day 25 mins each way, run 3 times a week and do body pump on the alternative days and have recently started to do shred ( on day 9) My job is office based though so i dont really move at all while im at work.

Thanks for everyones replies, it is really helpful to have other peoples opinions/experiences. :)

You sound like you need to adjust your settings to "lightly active" to get your maintenance level.

Then subtract -250 cals to lose 0.5 lb a week or -500 to lose 1lb a week
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Ive been following the plan now for a few months and it seems to be that im going up and down the same few pounds and not actually losing anything. I choose 1500 cal diet as felt 1200 was too little and i was starving. Has anyone else managed to loose on 1500 calories? I am exercising regulary and ensuring that i eat within my allowance, im definately not undereating.

Can anyone help? this is really getting to me as i have been working so hard. :(
    I'm betting you're not as consistent as you think.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

You sound like you need to adjust your settings to "lightly active" to get your maintenance level.

Then subtract -250 cals to lose 0.5 lb a week or -500 to lose 1lb a week

i agree with above, lightly active will give you 1710 cals to maintain / 1460 plus eating back exercise to lose 0.5lb a week.
    you dont have much to lose though so 1lb a week would be overdoing it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    ive been given advice on weight management for this. I eat 1350-1600 calories. Ive been told to NOT eat any less ever... certainly never lower than 1200. Ive been told to up the intensity of exercise but more importantly build lean muscle mass by doing strength exercises eg weights, resistance bands, press ups, sit ups etc. bigger loser wii game (assume on other consoles also) is great for this.. Including strength exercises is key... i just need to learn more about it myself really x
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ive been following the plan now for a few months and it seems to be that im going up and down the same few pounds and not actually losing anything. I choose 1500 cal diet as felt 1200 was too little and i was starving. Has anyone else managed to loose on 1500 calories? I am exercising regulary and ensuring that i eat within my allowance, im definately not undereating.

Can anyone help? this is really getting to me as i have been working so hard. :(

The bottom line is if you aren't losing over a few month period, you're simply eating too many calories. Whether it be by mistake or by miscalculation or simply by choice. First step is to go back and re-evaluate your intake. Study after study has been done which all showed that people suck at counting calories. Everyone I've tried to help learn how to count calories had problems doing with accuracy. It's okay, it happens.

Tips:
    Buy a digital scale that measures in grams
    Weigh EVERYTHING that you eat
    Double check everything you log to ensure that its macro-nutrient composition equates to its calorie content
    If you cannot without a doubt name all of the ingredients in a dish, don't eat it. Trace fats are everywhere and can add a considerable amount of calories to your diet