Ugh! Please tell me how...

My scale says I've gained 8 lbs over the weekend! Yes, I over ate on some days, but I went to the gym each day and worked hard! Suggestions please? So upset...

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Did you eat 28,000 extra calories? (8 x 3500) Probably not.

It's mostly water weight. Give it a couple of days, it will go away.
  • No worries-- unlikely (probably impossible) you actually gained 8 lbs of fat.. you are probably retaining a lot of water... did you eat high sodium meals...when I go out to eat, even once, and still eat within my cal range-- I can put on 3lbs overnight from the salt.

Drink lots of water for a couple of days-- the weight will leave.

I second that! It's probably just alot of water weight. It will work itsway out, dont panic. ;)
  • Isn't that the amazing thing, and unfair thing, about loosing weight?
    You work so hard, excercising and eating what you should all week long to loose 1 good pound...
    then you take a day off and have 1 beer or 1 bowl of vanilla ice cream and when you wake up the next morning you have gained 2 pounds.
    1 step forward and 2 steps back
    But in your case, if you have been working out you could be gaining muscle which actually weighs more than fat. And trainers have always said that the muscle that you build will help you loose weight faster. So don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work and it will pay off.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    the thread I just posted "where not eating clean all weekend got me" talks about the same thing! I got on the scale this morning and gained 4 lbs. Doesn't mean I am giving up, I just started...but I didn't like seeing that! I wanted to throw the scale in the trash, it hasn't been telling me what I want to hear for months.