Anybody from Ireland?

Options
Hi, just wondering if theres any fellow Irish out there in the same boat? Need to lose a lot of weight and would love to hear your stories?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki, welcome aboard! i'm up in Belfast - where are you?
  • Nikki2302
    Options
    Im in Dublin, just starting out! Just looking at your ticker there, wow. Congratulations!
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In Dublin too Nikki, just started about 10 days ago. I have about 3.5 stone to lose (3 children in less than 3 years!) and I am determined not to have another FAT summer!!!
  • magnets21
    magnets21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi Nikki

Im from Wicklow, welcome, this site is brill and really helps!!

The very best of luck.:flowerforyou:
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki

I'm from Kilkenny - best of luck its a great site - I'll send friend request.
    It'll be great to have someone in the same time zone :laugh:

Marie
  • Nikki2302
    Options
    Hellloooo everybody! Great to find ye! Ive about 5 stone to lose :-O

Im past wondering how I got here and decided its time to sort myself out, I'm doing Gillian Michaels 30 day shred everyday (day 4 today) and walking every other day.

Hoping you guys can help me to stay motivated ;-)
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm from Armagh!

I was on here a while ago, and now I'm back :)
  • TubbyGill
    Options
    Hi Nikki,
    I'm in Co. Wicklow. Just started - on New Years Day (So typical)! I have 2 stone to lose. First week was the hardest. Second week was easy. Now the third week is getting a bit tougher - boredom creeping in & enthusiasm waning. BUT - it's worth it and I WILL stick to this! Good luck - you can do it!
  • may2go
    may2go Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi all i'm from Dublin feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey!:happy:
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Here another Dub.

Lesley! I was looking for you, wondered if you were still here. I just rejoined today - will send you a message!
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm from Clare but living in Cork. There are quite a few Irish on here. Its a great sight and the challenges can be a great motivator if you see one you like. It helps expand the friends network too.
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    I'm from Co.Kildare/Dublin and I have about 3 stone to lose. Welcome to the site - I've found it really helpful and encouraging and even enjoyable. Feel free to add me and good luck :)
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey am in Meath.
    Love the site, I lost almost 3 stone last time here.... made the mistake of leaving. Back now and hoping to stick at it

x
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am not from Ireland but wanted to say hi to you all. My husband and I spent 3 weeks in Ireland last September. You all live in a wonderful country - we had the time of our lives while there!! Good luck to you guys!
  • motor9
    motor9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Southern California, USA - But when I dream... I'm from Ireland. Does that count? ;)
  • laramc1
    Options
    I'm from Ireland but living in Zambia. Best of luck, Lara
  • Joannedwd1
    Options
    Hi I am from Ireland (Belfast) but now living in New Zealand. Best of luck :-)
  • glitterymagpie
    Options
    Hiya, from the North but living in Dublin too.. just joined this on Monday and on my 2nd day of taking control of myself again. I have been so annoyed with myself, lost about 3/4 stone when living abroad 5 years ago through diet and exercise but moved back to Ireland and started new job and am nearly back to square one again... am determined to get it off again and really make exercise part of my lifestyle now as it was such a big factor for me before - that and not sabotaging myself by eatting ok during week then going crazy on junk food on weekend :)

would love to be able to support anyone else in same boat and help keep the motivation going.

Best of luck, Aine
  • AnnaMar82
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm Irish and recently after moving back to Waterford after 4 yrs abroad. I found MFP brilliant when I used it last summer, but after loosing a few kilos I fell into the bad habit of being good during the week and "treating" myself at weekends. I stopped loosing weight, and stopped logging in... Aaaah! On the positive side, at least I haven't put it ALL back on ;-)

Back now though and have decided to earn my treats with exercise this time round. I'm not ready to give up all those nice things, but I'll earn them and log them, and try look for the lower calorie treats. That's the plan anyway!

Good luck to everyone, and feel free to add me!