Anyone using Xbox Kinect for workouts?

Options
We have a home gym with the Kinect set up......I have been doing the Zumba workouts off and on and also used the Your Shape Fitness game as well.....I just ordered the new one because I'm looking to do more yoga and some of the other activities to stay interested. Any thoughts or feedback?

Replies

• FrauNic
    FrauNic Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Biggest Loser. It's fun and I really feel it during and after the workout. I think the Shape one is quite similar. The nice thing with the Biggest Loser is, that you have challanges, daily activities, tips and much more. Once a week you have your weigh in and you can vote people out. As exersise you can do the Box, Ciruit training or Yoga, but it also has a range of different exercises so you can put your own regime together.

How is the Shape one. What does it offer?

I thought about getting the Zumba one, but I'm not sure about it. Do you recommend it?
  • jmulldome
    Options
    Been using the Wii, and playing EA Sports Active 2.
    It has a thigh and arm sensor, with heart rate monitor built into the arm monitor.

The workouts are short by comparison to most workouts, but each workout is pretty intense.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yessum, I do! I love dance central for a good cardio workout.
  • amoondaTHEmoose
    Options
    I do zumba and dance central 2. It's so much fun!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    See this...I posted this video about a week ago. LOVE Dance Central...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

See this video below...good info! From personal esperience I have to say I Dance Central 2 for Xbox Kinect - now I'll have to use it more often with my kiddos.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upgrade-your-life/lose-weight-playing-video-games-192328132.html
  • kittyfoxx
    kittyfoxx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback!

I would say the Zumba game is pretty good. It's not totally accurate when reading and it's not as hi-tech as some of the other games but I really just follow the instructor and use the different programs. I've never actually gone to a Zumba class in real life so I can't be sure how accurate it is there either but I will say it's fun!

Also, it doesn't record you or take pictures of you so that's a plus if you don't want to see yourself sweating it out and giving it all you got.

It's cheap now so I'd say pick it up for sure.

The Your Shape 1 is good too....I'm looking forward to 2nd one!
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have kinect, i play Zumba, Biggest Loser, Grease Dance and Dance Central 3... seems like i am forgetting something. But i want to lift weights so I am joining a gym this week.
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yep, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dance Central and probably do it 1 -2 times a week. I have the Fitness evolution game too, but to be honest, I find it too frustrating, hate the way it takes so long to load up inbetween different modules etc. ANd I have a problem with it not 'seeing' me. However, I do like the jump rope module on it.

I would really llike to get biggest loser and Zumba sometime too.
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have kinect, i play Zumba, Biggest Loser, Grease Dance and Dance Central 3... seems like i am forgetting something. But i want to lift weights so I am joining a gym this week.

Ohhh, I love Grease Dance too, much to my husbands horror!!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I use my Kinect for that! In fact, I was dancing along with my Dance Central 2 game a few hours ago! I also really enjoy the Your Fitness Evolved 2012 as this tells you exactly how many calories you've burned. I can burn a bunch of calories in a short amount of time doing things like running through the city and jump roping. The coolest is seeing myself on the screen!
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a BIG fan of Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. It's so awesome. I've never been one to exercise at home, but I bought the kinect just after Christmas and I haven't been backto my gym yet!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Just got Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 in the mail yesterday. I have to rearrange the living room on one of my days off so the kinect will work better and I'll let you all know how much I like it.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We do Zumba and The Biggest Loser. I think they're both a lot of fun!

...well, to be fair, we were doing more of them before the downstairs neighbors complained about my husband's jumping jacks. (He goes like three feet into the air! Ridiculous. Just before they came up, I told him to settle down because I was pretty sure he was making too much noise.)
  • heavenkiko
    Options
    I'm starting out with zumba for the kinect. What would I put that as on my diary?
    I'm still really new here and trying to figure things out.
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    How are you logging these activities? Or are you just doing them for fun? I have them all, including the black eyed peas experience.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use Your Shape: Fitness Evolved [the first one] and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm considering getting a HRM though because I feel like I am burning so much more than the game tells me I am lol.
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got the kinect and Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 for Christmas - I love it. I had been using the Wii Active prior to this and I love not having to hold controllers while I work out. I also find I sweat a lot more using Shapre Fitness - especially the cardio kickboxing. I like the Yoga and Zen Energy exercises but the Kinect has a hard time sensing my stance sometimes. I have to use the adapter that comes with the Kinect that helps the Kinect sensor work better in smaller rooms. Overall - I love it and I'm still trying to figure out some of the features, like looking at my progress online.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i use your shape, zumba, the biggest loser, Jullian Michaels adventures, dance central and dance central 2

I think they are all great to use but i use a HRM and it says i burn a lot more than the game says i do!

xxx
  • Jettatastic
    Options
    We have Just Dance 3 and the Nickelodeon Kids Dance. Sad to say I do the Nick Kids one more because I don't get confused! JD3 is so confusing and I end up floundering around not knowing what to do LOL. I think I'll be picking up some new ones next week so thanks for the suggestions!!
  • tmjones0822
    Options
    I am using mine. It works me out like crazy! love it!!! And the kids play with me so its fun for the whole family!