Hello, it's me!

Options
Hello there!
I'm a 28-year-old guy from northern Europe. I started using mfp-app on my phone a year ago when I was weighing 155 kilos (340 pounds). Most of the time I used mfp for a day or two and then just forgot it for the next week. I can see that it really works and I' ve managed to lose some weight now and then, but somehow I always slip and gain almost everything back (rather quickly).

But now I'm actually getting some grip back and I've been logging in my meals and workouts for 50 days straight. I've managed to lose 8 kilos (17 something pounds...) in those 50 days. I'm really happy about the results, but it's been very hard and I haven't been eating under my calorie goals every day. Some weekends I just gain everything back that I lost on that week. Right now I'm on that same point where I have lost my focus so many times before. It's the point where I'm starting to feel good about the results and start thinking that I could somehow take my time and chill for a moment... :)

I don't really know how this friend-adding in here works, but I think I really need some support and "watching eyes" for helping me to get a little bit closer to my goals. I'm the kind of guy that likes to do my best when someone is watching and then just sit back and go lazy when nobody knows. So please if you're a good motivator or you know someone with good motivational skills and weight losing tips, just add me as a friend, thanks! And I don't expect this to be one-way-street as I'm prepared to give all my support to you as well...

-Toni

4213994.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• mommybambi
    mommybambi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I understand about the someone watching you thing. I've done best when I've had doctors offices checking up on me. But then I learned to avoid making appointments and cancelling appointments so they can't check on me. I've only been doing MFP for a little over 2 weeks but I really like it. It keeps me accountable as to what I eat. I'm just starting to add frriends to give me more accountability. Good luck.
  • Toni_Q
    Toni_Q Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    hi there, have accepted your request and will do my best to keep you motivated ... best of luck to you :D
  • angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i know exactly how you feel. I lost almost 5 stone a few years ago, and slowly regained it! Im back to basics, and doing it for good this time! xx
  • Toni_Q
    Toni_Q Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for supporting, I really appreciate it! Feeling already rather motivated :)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, i joined on the 1st Jan and have lost 6 pounds so far, im on every day and hopefully we can motivate each other

Clark
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey Toni

Welcome to MFP and thanks for inviting me to become your MFP friend. Congratulations, you're number 40 on my friends list. :wink:

I started my weight loss journey in March 2009. The only real break and gain I had in Summer 2010, after having lost about 6 stone (84 pounds) on my own through healthy eating and gradually increased exercise. I gained about 14 pounds back and in October 2010 I joined a local slimming club called Slimming World. SW isn't really a diet is also not comparable to Weight Watchers. It is about healthy eating and you learn new habits for life.

Altogether I've now lost over 140 pounds and I'm currently trying to maintain, whilst still losing body fat and increasing muscle mass.

I hope I'll be able to help keeping your motivation up. :smile:
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and I know exactly what you mean. I also need motivation and someone reminding me how important it is to stay on track. I am ready anytime to motivate and follow up on how your day past. I would like you to do the same for me. LOL So if you are interested, I am up for it . By the way I live in Egypt and believe me, staying on track is so hard here. I get so depressed at the news, I just want to eat all day. LOL But I am determined this time and I just don't watch the news or go on FB anymore.