Breakfast

Options
Good morning all, New here, (starting over) Need breakfast ideas. :sad:

Replies

• eeapril
    eeapril Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I love breakfast...so many ideas. If you like Oatmeal, then get old fashioned oats and try this:
    1/2 cup dry oats
    3/4 cup skim milk (or even better, I use Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk)
    1/2 sliced banana or 1/2 chopped apple (I like Fuji apples)...or both
    1 Splenda packet

Put all in a microwaveable bowl and heat at 50% power for 5 minutes uncovered.
    Let sit 5-10 minutes so it thickens
    Stir in additional milk up to 1/4 cup as desired
    Enjoy!

Also lots of great ideas for easy one-serving breakfasts in the "Hungry Girl" books or on the www.hungry-girl.com

Good luck!
    ~April
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Another great breakfast idea is greek yogurt. I love Chobani with a quarter of a cup of granola added to it. I also love the brand Fage in Plain flavor with granola and honey added to it. It's packed with a ton of protein and it keeps me full for a long time and is usually just around 300 calories.
  • maddog2424
    Options
    Great ideas, thank you. :love:
  • Dnc2Luz
    Dnc2Luz Posts: 33
    Options
    Shredded wheat - I like Koshi Cinnamon
    Shop for local fruits or what is fresh at the local stores
    Smoothes and protein shakes can be convient, but some find they are not satisfied.
    Peanutbutter with fruit is good
    Switch it up and go not traditional with SOUP. I like a hearty veggie soup.

I wake to a half cup coffee, black and 15 minutes of cardio(usually fan bike or teadmill). Then I down 20 oz of water taking assorted vitamins. Next, eat, and I have 2 goto breakfast(a protein and a carb). For protein: 2 hardboiled or pan fried eggs and a one scoop protein shake. I use Soy. For carbs: 22 squares of shredded wheat and a half a banana or apple. Both satisfy until lunch, but some plans I follow have wanted me to eat a snack, so I do a protein(usually whitemeat skinless chicken breast I have prepared and individually frozen, spiced like I love) if I ate the carb breakfast OR carb(whole grain something or fruit) if I have done protein for breakfast.
    I hope I help.