Any ideas for calories on this meal?

Options
I had lunch today in a University Cafe but have no idea on the calories and can't find anything on here to log it as.

I had a jacket potato with very little butter, baked beans and cheese (but not masses) with a salad (lettuce and cumcumber, no dressing) on the side.

Anyone have a rough idea how many calories I should log?

Thanks!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Only you will know how much you truly ate... no one was with you to see it, so guessing about it wont really help you out.

Either put the guestimation in based on your own memory *(thats the only thing you can rely on).... or, log it in as a miscellaneous...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Why don't you log each ingredient individually? Estimate how big the potato is, how much butter, beans and cheese were on it, etc.

The food diary works really well if you use it.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Perhaps learning about portion controls with your measuring cups at home would be really helpful... And that in turn, will also reinforce better meal planning on your side as well... otherwise, meals like this could keep 'guessing games' winning on stumbling your efforts..

good luck
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just add it individually. Jac pot approx 250 cal, cheese 100 cal, beans 100 cal, butter 50 cal, salad 50 cal

total:550. Im just guessing though so you will be able to estimate size of potato etc.
  • judgejava
    Options
    I had lunch today in a University Cafe but have no idea on the calories and can't find anything on here to log it as.

I had a jacket potato with very little butter, baked beans and cheese (but not masses) with a salad (lettuce and cumcumber, no dressing) on the side.

Anyone have a rough idea how many calories I should log?

Thanks!

Depends on size and how much you ate.

here is a guesstimate
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/jacket-potato-w-cheese-26-beans/
    http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-somerfield-cheese-beans-potato-jacket-i76837

Estimated at 305 but may be more or less

But better to calculate the ingredients individually for what you remember.

Cheers
  • princesskel30
    Options
    Thank you! Hadn't thought about doing it all individually, no idea on weight of potato but will have a look at the ones at home and see which is a similar size!