Recipes for Hot Italian Sausage?

Options
elo83
elo83 Posts: 97 Member
My hubby bought the wrong sausage(he was supposed to get TURKEY Hot Italian Sausage but oh well) and now I can't think of what to make with the sausage thats not a giant calorie bomb. Does anyone have any good recipes to use with this? I guess I could drain the fat but I'm at a loss.
Anyone?
He got the Premio Hot Italian Sausage

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I use my italian sausage with a pasta. I usually buy the rotini noodles (only use half) cook them, add pasta sauce (ragu is my fav, only use half) then add the cooked italian sausage (half) then I sprinkle with mozzarella and broil in the oven for a couple minutes. I believe for a quarter of that is about 280 calories. Eat with a salad and you have a yummy fulfulling dinner!!
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I cook the sausage in a skillet and drain the fat cut in quarters(half then half again) put peppers and onions in the pan and fry them up. get a slice of bread with and put 1/4 piece of sausage with peppers and onions with mustard. love this.

also can put in homeade speggetti (sorry can't spell) makes it very delicious.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This may just be my taste buds but what I like to do is:

cook up the sausage in the oven,
    Cook up some quinoa
    grill zuchinni and onion with S&P in a little olive oil
    Put it all together on a plate and drizzle some Kefir on it. It cuts down on the heat a bit and gives a little tang.

Sounds weird but somehow is SO delicious.

( I forgot to mention the I poke the sausage and then put them on a rack in a pan so the grease drips off it and it doesn't cook in it's own fat)
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    We really like doing both of the following:

Kabobs with slices of the sausage in between peppers, onions, & tomato's. It tastes just like pizza!

Grill/pan fry the sausages and then saute vegetables in the pan. We like all colors of bell peppers, yellow onion, garlic, tomato's and banana peppers. Super yummy!
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make a stew with sausage, onions, sweet potatos, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, garlic, canned tomatoes and italian spices. Just dump it in a pot or slow cooker and let it simmer or bake until everything is cooked.