18 y.o., Female, & wanting to lose 100+ lbs

Options
Hi my name's London and I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I'm sort of new here to Myfitnespal.com, I've dabbled with it on occasion for a couple of months now, and now I've decided I'm going to use it for it's purpose and dedicate myself to losing this weight. I currently weigh 257.4 lbs. Sad I know for being 18 years old and being so obese, but I'm going to change that, the healthy way. =D

Other than that I'm doing Weight Watchers Points Plus. I really recommend people go, if they are having trouble losing weight on their own, and need that little bit of oomph and that little bit of support from the meetings. My current Daily Points goal is 41, and I've been having a tough time keeping it in my daily points range, I tend to go over due to the fact that I've got a couple of Eating Disorders.

I was diagnosed when I was 15 with EDNOS, (Eating Disorder Non-Otherwise Specified), and when I was 17 I was diagnosed with BED (Binge Eating Disorder), kind of an oxymoron, I know. But I've tried to overcome it, but I don't know. I'm NOT in recover as we speak, but I'm REALLY trying as hard as I can to do this the healthy way and not go into my binging and purging/restricting ways.

That's about it. I just wanted to say hi, and wish everyone a wonderful day. I'm VERY friendly and respectable, and I'm always here to help anyone out if they would like a great listener or good advice or just want a new friend. =D

Replies

• cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hi London.... welcome!

I personally have never been diagnosed with any type of eating disorder, but know in my heart that I am an emotional eater and i'm in the position that I am in because of it. When I get stressed, I eat. I get upset, I eat. etc, etc... I have read a few books in regards to this and have tried to control the binge eating. It is hard. You can do this! You can attain your goals!!!
  • lball1993
    Options
    Thank you so much! I know exactly how it is to be an emotional eater, cause I am that too. It sucks, but I've been trying to work through my issues with a therapist and just writing in general, (like keeping a diary), so that I can reach my goals.
  • ishippen
    Options
    Good Luck! The first two weeks will be the most painful in your life. But after your body adjusts you'll feel a lot better. You just have to muscle through that first couple of weeks. But you can do it!
  • sunrise123
    Options
    hey London!

I know how you feel,its very uneasy being over weight,i was around 240 pounds,then went down to 140,i also suffered a bit of a rough time,mixing between bulimia and anerexia bouts,dont worry,you are able to do this :) i am healthy,well a bitty to health and gained another 2 stone,which i need to loose because im getting married in june,so buisy buisy,its very hard though,
    iv started to diet againto loose the next 2 stone,which gained from getting over these problems :)
    Go and Keep your head up!!! music helped me alot!
  • drk1mmy
    Options
    :D you can do it! i'm rooting for ya!