Hair

Options
I have went from a size 7/8 to a size 2. I have lost a total of 23 pounds and I dont even how many inches but with the weight loss I have noticed that my hair isn't growing as fast as it use to or doesn't seem as thick as it once was since I have loss all this weight. Has anyone elses hair done this since they have lost weight? Anything I can take to help make my hair grow or any advice.. Thanks :)

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    That's typically caused by an excessive calorie deficit, and/or unbalanced macros. There could be other factors, but the diet is most likely at fault.
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah man you gotta eat them lean proteins and those healthy fats. Also I heard omega-3 fatty acids especially are good for your hair.
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    Whitney! Not to sound harsh... but that is not a good sign. If you are being a "healthier" person... the opposite should occur. Your hair, nails, ect... should grow faster. I would have to suggest (if you aren't already doing so) a multi-vitamin plus getting some nuts in your diet. It's easy to find foods that sustain us... but we need to remember that it isn't just about shedding the pounds but becoming overall healthy individuals! It's a struggle for sure! You inspire a lot of people! Keep up the great work and go get yourself some nuts! Ha! :) p.s. Can't wait to try Zumba!