help

Options
hello, anyone with health issues who cant exercise alot? what exercises do you do?

Replies

• cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile, I would recommend asking your doctor. It sounds as if you probably shouldn't be doing anything to strenuous. It looks like you are almost at your goal, if you are able to walk that would probably be your best bet as you can choose your own pace, etc. but you may just stick with eating well until you are able to get to your goal.

For specific exercises though, I would talk to your doctor before you do anything. I hope you are able to find something that works for you.
  • JohnsonLiz25
    Options
    I dont have health issues but I do have some issues with my knees hurting so I dont do high impact on them. Depending on what your health issue is, if you have knee or lower body injuries, doing punches is a pretty good cardio. if you can stand in a squat position and do punches you will be getting some low impact leg work with some cardio.

also doing yoga or pilates might help? yoga is a lot of going into a pose and holding it then moving out of it, you could even look up poses online so you dont have to follow a dvd. a good one is Sun Salutaion. Pilates is a little more impact but there are usually modifications to everything!

hopefully that helps a little
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    low impact yoga, and swimming at leisurely pace. But I'd always clear any exercises with my doctor first. Eating well can do a whole lot all on it's own. :)
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to your doctor before you start any exercise...there are lots of low impact/low strain exercises like pool waking or chair aerobics but make sure it is okay before you start. The doctor will probably have even better suggestions.