How often do you weigh in???

Options
I find myself jumping on the scale every couple of days and right now it is great because I am always going down at least 0.2 lbs, which is something, but how often is too often??

Replies

• StephanieHolloway
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday morning. Weight fluctuates, but waiting a week later gives more accurate results.
  • Keeleelee55
    Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Friday's. That way if I haven't lost I know I'd better be extra good over the weekend. :laugh:
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning. Saturday is also when I have my cheat meal. :bigsmile:
  • ANNABELLEMoorsey
    Options
    I dont own scales at home so I weigh myself whenever I am at the gym, which is often. To be honest I love the scales Im pretty obsessed LOL
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday morning because then I eat more sensibly Saturday know the "reckoning" will be in the morning.
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i "weigh in" on Wednesdays. That means I log my weight every Wed. BUT I do step on almost daily just to make sure it is all going to plan! lol. I also find it extremely annoying when MFP friends log their weight every day or every other day... it blocks up the feeds with losses... I would just log it once a week. BUT feel free to weigh yourself as often as you like! No harm in that... sometimes it is the motivation we need to keep going!
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because I want constant feedback for accountability. That said, I'm only concerned about *weekly* weight loss and not the daily fluctuation (which varies with my sodium intake).

I look at my change each Saturday morning, and it's always less than the previous Saturday. Always.
  • brittneyharrell
    Options
    i TRY to do it every monday but sometimes i get tempted to go on. which isn't good cause i can get very discouraged & emotionally binge :(
  • the_dutchess
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday, which is my off day. I really have to control my self not to jump on the scale in the middle of the week, or I get upset when I don't see the results that I was expecting!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't own scales either. And right now I'm doing all my working out at home with fitness videos while the kids are sleeping, or walking around the apartment complex. I'll weigh myself whenever I go somewhere with a scale, like my parents house I guess. I do want to take off the weight, but I want to feel good, so I'm trying to focus more on how I feel.
  • clarebear1982
    Options
    I try for once a week....I've went for the mid week weigh in a couple of times and been disappointed as i'm the same or sometimes heavier! By a week after though it's normally lower! I'm sticking to Friday mornings from now on :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, but don't post it because daily weight will fluctuate. Going to try to post it weekly.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If i do it more than once or twice a week i find myself getting ocd with it and then being all wrapped up in the weight. I normally have official weigh in days on friday morning (cuz i eat really good during the week) then i normally weigh on monday morning as motivation for the week.
  • Venus2011
    Options
    I like the idea of the same day/time once a week. Since I work every other week, I decided to weigh in on Monday mornings about 0645 right b4 I clock in for work. If you do it in the morning, make sure you empty your bladder first. I weigh myself after I empty my bladder and with no clothing on. I know some people weigh in with clothing on. But remember different clothing don't have the same weight.

I don't beleive in weighing every single day. It can be very discouraging. I think people do it because the scale is in their eye sight and they feel they just have to step on it. If that is the case, put the scale up in a different room, out of sight. Only pull it out once a week.
  • b0mbxchelle
    Options
    Every Sunday for me, but I often find myself peeking twice a week.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day. My best friend is losing weight with me, so we tell each other our daily weight. (We also tell our husbands--it's a nice kind of accountability for me. I imagine it is for her, too, but I don't want to speak for her.)

I only log my weight once every week, though.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    In the past it's been daily. I've decided to hide the scale for a month and concentrate on my diet and exercise.