which is better?

Options
I am wondering which is better - MFP has my calorie limit set at 1750 per day to loose 2lbs per week. But I have heard a lot of people adhering to a 1200 calorie per day diet. Which is better? Should I ad-hear pretty strictly closer to the 1750, or closer to 1200 ?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This website is an excellent tool - I would trust the numbers they give you. Plus, 1200 is pretty strict and hard to stick to. You're better off in the long run to have a realistic and healthy goal so you'll be more likely to stick with it and succeed.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Your daily calorie goal will be adjusted as you lose weight. I would recommend sticking with that MFP recommends for a while and seeing how it goes. It's easy to make adjustments after a few weeks.

Good luck!
  • gammybarb
    gammybarb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to eat around 2000 a day when I was big into weight lifting and aerobics but now that I'm slower and alot older I stay between 1000-1200 because of back and leg issues which keep my exercising limited. I suggest seeing how it works for you and if you don't lose weight lower it ny 100 a week until you see results.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    MFP set mine at 1200 cals a day and i want to lose 2lbs a week. It obviously changes when you do some exercise.

As far as I'm concerned though if I can stick to the 1200 (with no exercise) then fine, but if I do go over, as long as I'm not above 1500 then I'm happy as that is meant to be a 'normal' diet amount. Hope that helps. x
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Plus, 1200 is pretty strict and hard to stick to. You're better off in the long run to have a realistic and healthy goal so you'll be more likely to stick with it and succeed.

Great advice, it is VERY hard, I've done it and most of the time my belly was growling.