Great ideas for those struggling with a food plan

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I subscribe to Self magazine (You can get it for $1 an issue if you subscribe...very cheap and full of great info)

Anyway, in this months edition with Kelly Ripa on the cover, they have some great workouts and a good food plan for those that are struggling. It actually gives you a list of treats, fats, proteins, dairy, whole grains and fruit/veggies. It tells you how many of each you should aim for in a day and gives you the amount of each to have should you choose that item. Then it will even give you a few breakfast, lunch, dinner and treat ideas completely laid out for you. I guess the idea is to mix and match the meals to get all the nutrients you need for around 1600 calories. So obviously, depending on your caloric needs, you may need to add or subract a bit...but it makes it pretty foolproof.

I, myself am eating around 1550-1600 calories a day so this just gives me even more ideas than I already have and let me tell you, having plenty of variety and ideas is what is helping me stay on track.

Just wanted to share!!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Self magazine (You can get it for $1 an issue if you subscribe...very cheap and full of great info)

Anyway, in this months edition with Kelly Ripa on the cover, they have some great workouts and a good food plan for those that are struggling. It actually gives you a list of treats, fats, proteins, dairy, whole grains and fruit/veggies. It tells you how many of each you should aim for in a day and gives you the amount of each to have should you choose that item. Then it will even give you a few breakfast, lunch, dinner and treat ideas completely laid out for you. I guess the idea is to mix and match the meals to get all the nutrients you need for around 1600 calories. So obviously, depending on your caloric needs, you may need to add or subract a bit...but it makes it pretty foolproof.

I, myself am eating around 1550-1600 calories a day so this just gives me even more ideas than I already have and let me tell you, having plenty of variety and ideas is what is helping me stay on track.

Just wanted to share!!
    Tami
  • Mtscruffy
    Mtscruffy Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks Tami. I want to pick up a copy of this magazine now!