Busy busy weekend!

Options
Hi guys, I was really just looking for some advice or support!
My weight loss has been going really well so far (10lb in 2 weeks, and I'm sticking to my calories really well) but this weekend is a hectic one. It's my friends birthday on Friday, which the plan for is drinks and food at his then out to town, and then going to visit my auntie on Saturday. On Friday I've already decided to avoid drinking much and to eat before I go because they're ordering takeout, but the Saturday my aunt wants to take me out and go for dinner and drinks. What do people think of the idea to work out and burn around 600 cal (because there's no way I can do more, I'm pretty out of shape) and then be able to have a few cocktails and try and make a good choice of what to eat? I'm just a bit wary of drinking 2 days in a row because I keep seeing people say it can affect your weight loss really badly.

So if anyone has any ideas, or thoughts, that would be great!

Replies

• TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like to drink on my weekends and since getting serious about fitness again I find that drinking causes me to slack off and skip workouts and just be sluggish. With that being said, if you know that you'll be "cheating" I say a workout prior to the event will be fine. Also, try to drink a glass of water for every drink (alcohol) you have.

A lot of people will say to not eat or drink or to avoid the temptation altogether but that is rubbish. Just try to remember moderation.
    Plus, alcohol is fat free, lol.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm still planning on keeping to my calories, just getting extra by running!
  • circulatory
    circulatory Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Working out before hand is definitely a good idea! TexasPatriots suggestion to drink water for each alcoholic drink sounds like a good plan to moderate how much you'll be having.
    If you know where you'll be eating, see if there's a menu online so you can look at it and decide what to have beforehand so you won't make a drastic impulse decision when you get there. :)
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, that's really helpful! Just don't want to slip up and undo my good work!