loosing weight but not inches

Options
I've lost almost 12lbs and I have not lost any inches yet. I am 5'7 and currently 208 lbs I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions or if this has happened to anyone else. My clothes still fit me the same and I've been working so hard and haven't been at this weight in at least 2yrs but its discouraging to know that although i'm loosing weight i'm not loosing any inches

Replies

• kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, loosing inches but not much weight.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You don't lose weight in sections of your body. You're losing it all around that's why it doesn't seem like it, but watch... once you hit 20 pounds look at your before and after picture. You'll see improvements definitely! Just keep doing what you're doing! :)
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    keep working at it and the inches will go away as well. perhaps your clothes fit a little better now and its difficult to accept that 12 pounds hasn't put you into a different size.
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    The scale once again stopped moving for a couple weeks ago. Clothes seem to be fitting looser, but I really want the scale to move.

Are you drinking plenty of water and making sure you stay away from refined carbs? Made a huge difference for me.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    depends on what kind of exercise you are doing. I lost 3.5 inches in my waist by doing total body circuit training with weights. I also add 60 minutes of cardio daily.
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    i know what you mean i lost 22 since i had my son but i still cant fit into my pre pregnancy pants....i only gained 15 lbs body just loses in different ways it could be more water weight like mine or like another person said just all over. im sure u will notice soon! keep up the good job!!! add me :-)
  • joyofjosiahhannah0810
    Options
    My scale doesn't move but the inches do! lol : )
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It was my experience to see the scales drop / inches stay then all of a sudden the scales stay / inches drop. Be patient, as eveyone's body is unique. Stay diligent.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think I had to lose more than twelve pounds to see inches. When I first started I had to lose more than 30 pounds just to see a new size as well. Just hang in there.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I would say give it time since your only at 11lbs. soon enough you will start to see a difference
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    Are you exercising?? If not, get on it.. some cardio, some strength...it'll make a difference..and like someone else said... once you hit 20 I bet you'll start feeling it. Everyone says 10 pounds is a pants size but not for me.. I need to lose at least 20 to notice a difference... try not to be discouraged...you'll get there! I'm 20 pounds behind you and I can taste 199 so I can only imagine how you must feel! :)
  • rcpayton
    Options
    Im in the same boat right now...Ive lost 43 lbs overall and can definitely see the difference in the mirror and my clothes fit better but my measurements havent really changed much in the last few months. But, after going through this process for a while now, I do know that I am getting smaller overall....and Im sure the same is true for you. It just hasnt resulted in measurable differences just yet but it will! Keep up the great work and let your mirror and before & after pics be your comparison tool for now until the inches and lbs catch up!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Keep at it...it'll happen, you will start LOSING, not loosing (sorry for yelling, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine) both...
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree.... I didn't start seeing a difference until the past two weeks. I just hit -21lbs and I can now see it at my waist. Everybody's body is different. Keep at it; don't get discouraged and you shall see the diff. Friends/family/co-workers will see it before you will. I do a combination of cardio & weights. I do heavy weight lifting once a week. The same day I weigh in (after weighing in).
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    keep up the hard work :) don't be discouraged :)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any weights?
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For me when I have done it in the past it seems to take a bit for my body to actually catch up to the weight loss. One day you will go to put those same pants on and it will be like WHOA! When did that happen?........ The important thing is don't get discouraged! Even if you pants aren't getting big just yet it is coming and you are getting healthier which is more important then your pant size right now!
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I'm losing inches but not the weight. It's great because I'm fitting into pants that I haven't worn since getting pregnant over a year ago but I get discouraged because I want to see the numbers on the scale change. Just keep doing what you're doing and working hard and *hopefully* you'll see the changes you want. At least that's what I keep telling myself! :) Good luck!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I lost weight and inches my first month - then weight and no inches the second month. Then nothing at all the third month...and then it was like I started all over and lost weight and inches again.

I started writing and can't remember if you said you were doing weight training. Every time I started plateauing weight/inch wise, it turned out I was being a little lax with my workouts. I started doing HIIT and it's started moving again! (HIIT is High Impact Interval Training - Jillian Michaels DVDs do this and there's tons of stuff online for it. Forgive me if you knew that already!)
  • agiordano05
    Options
    I have the opposite problem as well. The scale isn't moving AT ALL, in fact I'm probably the "heaviest" I have ever wighed. Weird though I'm about 4 inches smaller in my waist and feel like i look better in my clothes than I ever have. It is a little discouraging, but I guess everyone is different.