Hey There!! 19 y.o. looking to lose 50+ lbs :)

Options
I'm currently a Junior in college and have always wanted to diet and work out. Nothing has really ever worked for me mainly because I have never stuck with anything.

My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds and keep it off. I have always been a "big" girl and never really thought too much about being overweight. I want to make a permenant change. Diabetes runs in my family and I will do everything in my power to avoid it at all costs. I want to make this change while I am still young so that I can continue with a healthy lifestyle!!

I am very serious about MFP and would love to have friends who are as motivated to lose weight :D
Support is something I've lacked through out my weight lose ventures and I want to make sure this time, I achieve my goal!
This is one New Year's Resolution that I will follow through on! <3

Replies

• SparkyGirl35
    Options
    howdy! This is a great site! Be sure to take advantage of the tools as well as the calorie and exercise diaries. The BMI and BMR tools really give you great info to keep you on track.

Good luck and feel free to message!

Lori Ann
    Ohio
  • smflagmeier
    Options
    sent a friend request :)
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bianca, one year ago I would have laughed at anyone who made this suggestion but I would advice getting one of the workout video's on the market... Slim in 6, 30 Day Shreder and Zoomba (Is that spelled correctly?) would be a good start, and then maybe P90X or Insanity down the road. They worked wonders for me and my wife, and combined with MFP they are a great combination!

Good luck!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Welcome! I too am aiming to lose 50+ lbs. I was also borderline Diabetic. Doctor gave me 6 wks to change my diet. I am happy to say, I am diabetic free. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Samantha and I'm 18 (about to be a sophomore in college) and I started my weight loss journey back when I first turned 18 (almost 19) and my goal was to go from 189 to 140 so around 50 or so pounds! I'm a lil over half way there and I'd love to go along with you on this journey as well! :)
  • Laura040
    Laura040 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also 19 and looking to loss 100 pounds!! I am going to be attending College in May and before then I would like to have at least lost 50 of that 100! I am also a mother of two children under two! Yep... started young but that's okay! I took a month off after having a family friend pass, and then my children getting incredible ill and having to be hospitalized.. I am now back and this is day two of being back! :) Sending friend request!!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 & I need to lose 50lbs, diabetes also runs in my family. I'll add you!
  • fiercegamergirl
    Options
    Feel free to add me - that is so awesome. I think MFP will help and I am very excited for you. :)
  • jordensmama
    Options
    Hey! My name is Samantha and I'm 18 (about to be a sophomore in college) and I started my weight loss journey back when I first turned 18 (almost 19) and my goal was to go from 189 to 140 so around 50 or so pounds! I'm a lil over half way there and I'd love to go along with you on this journey as well! :)
    I too am 18 and I just started my weight loss journey. I just had a beautiful baby boy and I want to not only be healthy for myself but for him. N what stuns me is you sound exactly like me with wanting to lose 50 pounds, I am 188 pounds and wish to be at least 140-145 =D I wish all of you luck on your journey's and would luv to have some support.. ~Friend.Requests.Please~
  • DianeTemplar
    Options
    Welcome to LIFE. Funny how no one else can lose weight for me. I have to get up and do it myself. I have been 19 and "50" pounds overweight. For me it was alot more at the time. BIGGEST TOOL ever is to be honest with yourself. Don't tell yourself it is o.k. to eat things that YOU know are not healthy. Don't tell yourself that it is ok to cheat this once.

NO diet or work out in the world can help you until you quit telling yourself lies. Keep an HONEST food diary so you can see what, where, and when you are making mistakes.

At least that is how it has been in my world.

Honest starts in my own brain.
    Blessings to you my friend.
    Diane