30 years old and 30 pounds to lose

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Marcia, 30, and have 30 pounds to lose. This is the second time that I've been this heavy. Last year, I did something about it, and I lost 22 out of the 30 pounds I was shooting for. Along my journey, I met my boyfriend, and slowly over the course of the year I put the weight back on. Now that we're out of our honeymoon phase, I'd like to lose the weight again. I plan on doing it by eating mindfully and exercising. Soon, I'll be starting up running again. Any runners out there?

Feel free to add me, I'd love to meet you!

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    hey im 19 years old with 90 pounds to loose! well, 57lbs to loose now (: feel free to add mee :) good luck x
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    oh and another thing - yeaaa i do running! :bigsmile: well in my case jogging :laugh:

i started off power walking for a couple of minutes and then slowly working my way up to jogging :) if im honest, jogging is the best thing ive ever done! its soo refreshing and it helps to get my mind off alot of things! oh and you burn lots and lots of cals!! :D
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a very similar boat, I'll be 30 in February and have another 30lbs to lose (lost 10 so far). I'm getting myself back in running shape so currently "power" walking and jogging!

LLAP :flowerforyou:
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 24 with about 10 left 86 already done. I think it is fair to say that I am a runner I did 6.2 miles this morning. Add me if you want any tips or tricks.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 And I had 30 to lose. I've only got about 10 to go and plan to kick it via running ... I'd love to follow your journey :)
  • shellybarbal
    Options
    I am a runner! I lost 100 pounds about 8 years ago and then gained back about 40 ( most of those because I hurt my back and couldn't run and had to have surgery). My goal was to lose 38 pounds and I have lost 23 since joining MFP. I am currently 130 and I would like to get back to 115. Feel free to add me.
  • suewill12
    Options
    I was in the same boat in January. Its taken me this long but I'm almost at my weight loss goal of 30lbs. I love running intervals at the gym. Good to get that heart rate up and recover for a GREAT workout! Eat smart and work hard and you'll get there!! Determination is the key!!
  • Tatyana130
    Options
    I would love to lose at least 30 pounds by the time I'm 30 in September! Current weight 162. Lets be friends :)
  • carlayxc
    Options
    I just turned 30 but only shotting to lose about 20 lbs. I use to be a runner but haven't ran since college. My bff & I have been walking the past wk but started running last nite. We started out walking a lap, running a lap for 20 minutes.
  • mstoya7
    mstoya7 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi I'm LaToya,

I'm 30 as well and looking to lose about 30lbs. I experienced the same thing with my boyfriend and even though we have been out of the honeymoon phase I still have not lost weight. I just started the site a little over 2 weeks ago so i'm new here. Feel free to add me as your friend and we can be on this journey to wieght loss together :smile:
  • avecviolet
    avecviolet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar place. I met my boyfriend and we moved in together and moved cities. I can't blame it all on 'Love' as I got sick and had surgery during this past year too. But now, I'm ok and ready to get my body and strength back! I have 20lbs to lose and am just starting to weight train and exercise again. I'm not a runner but I am a mountain biker and weekend spin instructor( pre-surgery).

My goal is to lose it all and have my defined, beach body ready for vacation June 1st. Ready, set, GO....!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I need to lose 30 pounds. Add me if you wish. I started all over again today.
  • mbertagnolli
    Options
    I'm another 30 (well, 29) with 30 to lose and a runner too! I mostly run half marathons, but this year I'm aiming for a 10K PB of less than 50 min. Last year I trained for a marathon, only to have it cancelled the day of due to poor weather :frown: - all that training for nothing.... Anyway I sent you a friend request! If anyone else is looking for friends, feel free to add me too!
  • kittymeeowmeeow
    kittymeeowmeeow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and losing 30 lbs would be AWESOME! :) I'd be happy to be your buddy! :D
  • Blondie__79
    Blondie__79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i started this a couple of weekd ago and also like to loose 30lbs im 32. How is everyone feeling about the challenge?
  • ryjar80
    ryjar80 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 5'4" 149 lbs and I could really use some buddies :smile:
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin, I just turned 35, and am trying to lose another 30-35lbs. It took me all of 2011 to lose the first 30. I am really struggling to get the scale to start dropping again. Not a runner, but i jog a little on the treadmill. I do a lot of other exercise though and would be a great motivational buddy. Good luck, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not exactly 30, but will be there soon! My ultimate goal will be to lose 30 lbs, so I'm with you!
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 now...but I tried to do the 30 by 30....and didn't get very far...but this past year I've gotten into gear and been better...I have a couple more pounds to go before I meet my mini-goal of 30lbs
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and I have 34 more pounds to lose :-) Ive lost 11 pounds in since using MFP

Its alot harder to lose and stay in shape in my 30s than it ever was in my teens and 20s, but I'm getting there..

Feel free to add me