Calories burned / adding to daily total

Options
Is there a way that I can not have the calories I burn add on to my daily total for the day?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The whole point is to show you what your goal is, if you want 1200 calories per day...that is your net calories so if you work out, you need to eat enough calories to get back to 1200.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Just don't add the exercise?
    But yeah, if you don't add them in/eat them back then you're gonna have a really low net for the day.. which isn't that healthy, I believe.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    The whole point is to show you what your goal is, if you want 1200 calories per day...that is your net calories so if you work out, you need to eat enough calories to get back to 1200.

Well you don't need to. You can ... and MFP wants you to eat them back but some of us aren't designed for eating our exercise calories back. I'm not going to restart the debate ... I don't lose weight if I eat my exercise calories back.

If you don't want them adding, don't log your exercise. :( You can log it on the note section of your food page but if you log it on the exercise part, it will add it to your total.
  • bemusic
    bemusic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally just subtract that back in my head, or remember my base calories and ignore what the "net" calories says... I haven't found a way to not add those back in either! ;)
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Aside from the debate about whether or not you should eat the calories accrued with exercise. There IS a way to log the exercise but not the calories.

You can manually adjust the calories burned for each exercise. You can log your exercise and the time, it will give you the calculated "calories burned"... simply set that to zero.

There you go.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    um, yeah, just don't log in your exercise if you don't want the calories you burn to be added to your daily total.
  • LMHinson15
    Options
    Why would you not log exercise you did? If you want to know how hard you're working, or are meeting certain goals for time spent exercising?

JUST MANUALLY SET THE CALORIES BURNED TO ZERO when logging the activity!
  • LMHinson15
    Options
    I'm sorry... correction. You have to set the calories to at least "1" when using the website. I really feel like the mobile app allows for selecting "zero" calories.

But that's not so bad!