After having a baby...

Options
I'm not sure if any of you old timers still remember me? :bigsmile:

For those of you that don't know me, I have been a part of MFP for a really long time. I started off at 215 pounds and was down to 161 in January 2011. I was committed to reach my goals and exercise was a huge part of how I was getting there, along with my diet. In Feb 2011 I found out I was pregnant (I was happy about it) and wasn't able to continue working out due to a few complications. I weighed 201 the morning of my c-section and dropped down to 188 ever since. To be fair, I haven't tried to lose the weight during my maternity leave. I ate what I wanted and didn't work out (I didn't go crazy or anything, but I wasn't strict).

So anyway, here's the thing (and this is my second child) my body is just shaped different now. ALL of my weight gain is in my belly area :grumble:

I feel like I will never have my nice body back! :sad: :sad:

Someone who has had a baby and lost the weight tell me that I will get a nice body back as long as I work for it! I am going to work hard for it but it seems so not possible. :sad: :sad:

I have the c-section fat drama crap going on in my belly.

with all of that being said, I did end up with the cutest baby ever! :love: :heart: :bigsmile:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    And just so you know if you look in my profile pictures, the body picture was of me BEFORE I got pregnant. I am 25 lbs bigger now. :indifferent:
  • lina1131
    Options
    And one more thing, I had my little Summer (baby girl) 3 months ago.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    You will get your body back!!!!!! I've had 2 babies and I was very close to 200 lbs with both (!!). I reached my goal wt. back in Nov. and I am anywhere from 122-124 pounds now. YOU WILL DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!:heart::heart:

EDIT: Congratulations!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No c section here buri hadtwins and another little one not quite ten months later.... I got all the way back down:-) I just had #6 last year so it's different again but I still believe it's doeable
  • lina1131
    Options
    You will get your body back!!!!!! I've had 2 babies and I was very close to 200 lbs with both (!!). I reached my goal wt. back in Nov. and I am anywhere from 122-124 pounds now. YOU WILL DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!!:heart::heart:

EDIT: Congratulations!

Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on your weight loss. :heart:
  • lina1131
    Options
    No c section here buri hadtwins and another little one not quite ten months later.... I got all the way back down:-) I just had #6 last year so it's different again but I still believe it's doeable

Congrats on #6 - I have two and i'm all over the place and busy as hell. How do you manage 6? That's amazing!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I had number 2 and got up to just over 200 lbs and now am back down to 152 trying to get to 140. The stomach will go away with ab work, don't worry!!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm working on losing the weight from number two who is 6 months old. I got down to 160 before my first pregnancy and back down to 160 before this latest pregnancy and I will do it again. And so will you!
  • amz915
    amz915 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I had my 2nd baby 8 weeks ago and Ive got 20lbs to lose to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Just remember, it takes ya 9-10months to gain the weight, dont stress out if it takes the same amount of time to lose it. It will come off and you will be down to your pre-baby weight just like before :) dedication and motivation! WE CAN DO IT! haha
  • lina1131
    Options
    It sounds like we need to start a group for mommas who just had babies. Whatchya think ladies?
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. :)
  • sheryli98
    sheryli98 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating to see how much your body changes after baby!!! You might want to try The 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels, it is amazing! I paid ten bucks for it al walmart, its 20 minutes a day, easy to follow and you will see results within days, especially in the tummy!! You can do it, im in the same boat as you, gained 78 pounds with baby number 2! Good luck!!
    :happy: