Low calorie alcoholic drink

Options
Im looking for a low calorie drink that I can have when I go out with mates, I dont want to miss out completly and still want to have a lil fun.

Replies

• mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I normally go for a vodka and diet coke - about 55 cals for a single measure
  • foxygirlact
    foxygirlact Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    if you are into wine, a company called Lindeman's specifically makes a low calorie range of white wines and champagnes :drinker:
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Of course all alcohol has calories, but if you mix it with diet soda or club soda you aren't getting the additional calories from the mix. anything that says "tropical" "fruit" "punch" or has cream or chocolate in it - run for the hills! One of those usually has enough calories for a whole meal.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic... 59 cals.. and you can have Gin with bitters for even less... about 8 cals (but only a tiny bit of alchohol;)
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's usually the mixers that get you with calories. Also say no to beer and wine, but most alcohols are 60-70 calories per oz. Definitely do-able, but be sure to mix with club soda (0 cal) , not tonic (unless diet tonic is available). I also keep sugar-free lemonade (for whiskey or Pims) and diet cranberry (for vodka) to mix drinks. If you must have wine, make it Champagne (60-80 cals instead of 120).
  • TimWilkinson101
    TimWilkinson101 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    "Best" option seems to be gin and diet tonic or vodka and diet tonic. The low calorie wines tend to have low alcohol level, so you'd have to drink more to get the same "effect". I also noticed that the "weightwatchers" wine isnt actually that much less calorie wise than a "normal" wine and is again low alcohol.

I'm just trying to avoid alcohol and blowing out on the odd night that I do go out.
  • mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    Vodka, soda water and a slice of lime! It keeps you hydrated too so no hangover! BONUS!!!!!
  • noemike
    noemike Posts: 61
    Options
    I bought budweiser select it is a 12 ounce bottle and only has 55 calories per bottle I hope it helps :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    generally clear spirits and a diet mixer/soda water are the lowest calories - around 50-60 for a 25ml shot, and you get less of a hangover with them too! Beer / Cider / standard mixers are the ones to avoid. Wine is not too bad if you get it mixed with diet lemonade.
    i usually drink vodka with diet lemonade/sprite and fresh lime, or malibu and diet coke :)
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    If you're staying in you can always try Skinny Girl cocktails, they have Margarita, Sangria and White Cranberry Cosmo :) yum
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Vodka + Water + Lemon or Lime
    Vodka + Soda (carbonated water) + Lime or Lemon

If you absolutely must have something fruity or sweet, I recommend the Wyler's Light or Hawaiian Punch Sugar Free Singles to Go packets in with Vodka + Water. Each packet is only 10 calories, and when I use them I manage to make about 3 drinks per packet, so I'm only adding 3 - 5 extra calories per drink, and they are delicious and come in a variety of flavors.

Best place to get Wyler's Light packets are at Walgreen's (can also be bought on Amazon) and the Hawaiian punch singles can be found at Walmart or probably any other supermarket (can also be bought on Amazon).

Honestly I find these make better drinks than most of the crap they have at the bar anyway, be sure to mix them up good with your straw to avoid clumps.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the surgestions guys, its nice to know that I have options out there and I wont just be stuck with silly diet drinks
  • yogi_meg
    yogi_meg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My go to drink is vodka and soda water with a splash of cranberry. Make sure you emphasize the splash party :)
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda water and a slice of lime! It keeps you hydrated too so no hangover! BONUS!!!!!

I wish I could LIKE this post so hard.