Breakfast Suggestions

Options
Im having a hard time finding healthy breakfast options I like. Ive been eating the Breakfast Lean Pockets which I love but are getting a bit boring. I dont eat breakfast before I leave my house to due it being so early in the morning. By the time I reach my office at 8 by 9 Im starving! Does anyone have suggestions? THANKS!

Replies

• Tina1022
    Tina1022 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Luna Bars - they are a nutrition bar for women - lots of different flavors to choose from and they seem to keep you full.
  • VEYSEYGIRL
    VEYSEYGIRL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat when I first get up ... I always have my quick breakfast sitting at the desk and it's usually around 8:30. I bring a container from home that has about 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of strawberries. I just dump a single serve yogurt on top and go.

I am a grazer through the day. I follow that up with a fruit or a granola bar at 10 and lunch.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Today I took a fruit salad to work: half a melon chopped, a kiwi, a peach, a banana, and cherries. I just nibbled away all morning.

I often take a yogurt and dried fruit and nuts or I make banana bread/muffins.

I like chopped dried prunes or raisins, with unstweetened coconut, and mixed with granola ana natural yogurt.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm very much a creature of habit, so I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast. I got this from a Women's Health email this morning, and maybe you can find something here that interests you!

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/healthy-breakfast?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-780152-_-01172012-_-MainImage
  • BeagleLvr
    Options
    Thank you for all the awesome ideas! I grealy appreciate it, this will help alot!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, hot cereal (oatmeal or a whole grain, your choice), cold cereal (I like doing this but toting the milk to work is a pain without the container potentially leaking!), fresh fruit... tons of options.
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I graze on dry cereal. I also have packets of oatmeal and instant grits stashed away in the cupboard at work, just in case. Probably not the healthiest of things, but I'm not a morning person.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I measure out a serving of cereal (lately, I've been on a Quaker brand Life Cereal kick), and put it in a ziploc bag and just munch on it dry. I also take a piece of fruit, such as a clementine or a banana, with me so I can eat that when I get the time. I'm a full time student and I also work full time in addition to having clinicals in the hospital for my degree, so portable food is a must.

The Fiber One 90 calorie bars and fruit are good too, but I missed my cereal while I was doing mostly those for breakfast.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hard boil eggs at night to eat the next day with a slice of whole wheat bread in the car. Or have some peanut butter and bread. If I'm really in a hurry I grab a protein shake on the way out.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I hard boil eggs at night to eat the next day with a slice of whole wheat bread in the car. Or have some peanut butter and bread. If I'm really in a hurry I grab a protein shake on the way out.

Love this
  • mloritz
    mloritz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is Whole Grain English muffin toasted, with a fried egg (use pam rather than butter), and some center cut or precooked bacon. I'll throw in a banana or a 1/2 c blueberries. It's very filling, healthy, and most important... tastes great! My hubby doesn't really need to watch his weight. I made him one and added cheese. He begged me to make them again... they are full of protein so you aren't starving soon after you eat. Another good idea is a whey protein drink. You can get vanilla or chocolate. I mix mine with water rather than milk because my stomache can't tolerate milk. Again... it's high protein and good for you.
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some suggestions are (1) hardboild egg whites with turkey links on a thin whole wheat bagel. (2) Old fashion Oats sweetened with honey, or raisins nuts and fruits, or just brown/organic sugar. (3) one serving of special K (or any other healthy cereal of your choice) with a piece of fruit. These are all really quick to prepare, very tasty and most importantly healthy.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    whole wheat/multigrain english muffin or bagel with all natural peanut butter (peanuts only) with all natural jam, and a piece of fruit (orange, apple, banana)
  • TAC2413
    TAC2413 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im having a hard time finding healthy breakfast options I like. Ive been eating the Breakfast Lean Pockets which I love but are getting a bit boring. I dont eat breakfast before I leave my house to due it being so early in the morning. By the time I reach my office at 8 by 9 Im starving! Does anyone have suggestions? THANKS!

You can bake eggs in ramekins or muffin pans, then prepare sandwiches with them and reduced calorie bread. Then wrap them up and freeze them. Just a minute or 2 in a microwave is all you need, and taking the frozen sandwich with you keep the eggs from going bad.