Suggestions for DVD workouts?

Options
I have a hard time getting up in the mornings and getting to the gym before work, especially now since I commute into the city, I would have to get up at 5-5:30 just to be able to log an hour at the gym.. So i was thinking itd be easier for me to do something at home like a fun DVD that would get my blood pumping.

I'm set on a weight-training program which keeps me pretty sore, so I really am just looking for cardio dvds, maybe dance, or something.

Any ideas?

Replies

• EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    P90X or 30 Day Shred.....lots of good ones out there!!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    P90X or 30 Day Shred.....lots of good ones out there!!

thanks! i have the 30 day shred actually but i cant really do any more strength-training, im already soo sore as it is lol
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!!!! i know you're sore, but take some time off before really getting into it. i usually do 30DS 3 days a week with a day of rest (ie no strength training) in between to give my muscles a break. taking a break might help you. 30DS is by far my fav, plus it's super quick. who could say no to a work out that gets you serious results in under a half hour?!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - it's all cardio. :bigsmile:
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    Insanity ! I love it and I only do it like 3 days a week and i'm still seeing results. Try it!!
  • lindypayne
    Options
    I do a lot of dancing videos that I really like. If you use Netflix streaming, you have acess to a lot of options. I like the 10-minute solution programs that offer 5 10-minute workouts. You can do one or them all!

Good luck!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    P90 the original DVD not P90X. Done and cmpleted both but prefer P90.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Insanity ! I love it and I only do it like 3 days a week and i'm still seeing results. Try it!!

I started once a few months back but felt like I was way over my head. I don't think I'm any better now, fitness wise, but I may start back on it a few times a week...
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Wii? I love playing Just Dance with my kids.
  • Healthy_Shelley
    Healthy_Shelley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing for Dummy's and Biggest Loser's Cardio Blast are two of my favorite cardio DVDS!
  • mloritz
    mloritz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for something fun that will help you get up and that is dancey.... I love Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and Hip Hop Abs. I got awesome results from Turbo Jam and turbo fire!! The music is super fun.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yoga Booty Ballet has some fun, dancy DVDs
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, Insanity, 30 day shred, P90x, and BodyRock (online)
  • voginma
    voginma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Insanity. I've done it. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Barry's Bootcamp Fat Blaster DVD's!!! been using them for a while and when i'm on it, i love it. Trying to double up on that and the gym but them alone work great!! Short 20 minute long workouts with one for upper and one for lower body emphasis but it includes cardio and strength training with a resistance band and a ball.

Everytime i do them i see results FAST and i love that. the program a 6 week plan that just gradully increases the workouts and comes with a calendar to help you track all your workouts. If i'm to lazy to drive to the gym i do the workout and i know i'm getting a good workout in only 20 minutes.