6 Ibs in one week's time. . .!!!

Options
The weight is melting off for me probably because I was eating so poorly before. I'm a very solid person (I carry my weight in my hips and thighs) so my being overweight is not as noticeable to me and others, but the scale definitely noticed.

I reached my highest weight ever at at 191 Ibs after gaining almost 53 ibs over a three year period. I have to admit eating too much fast food, including regular soda and french fries several times a week an virtually no exercise put me over the top. Enough is enough. . .

I was just to lazy to record my food intake before, but it works and I believe it has been key! I'm set at sedentary active for work, but I make it a point to be up on my feet whenever I can. I have a spinning bike at home that I do for 60 minutes (last week I did this three times.)I feel great and feel like my stomach is deflating. I literally feel lighter and more energetic.

I'm convinced its all about organization and now allowing myself to eat haphazardly. . .

:-)

Replies

• rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    The weight is melting off for me probably because I was eating so poorly before. I'm a very solid person (I carry my weight in my hips and thighs) so my being overweight is not as noticeable to me and others, but the scale definitely noticed.

I reached my highest weight ever at at 191 Ibs after gaining almost 53 ibs over a three year period. I have to admit eating too much fast food, including regular soda and french fries several times a week an virtually no exercise put me over the top. Enough is enough. . .

I was just to lazy to record my food intake before, but it works and I believe it has been key! I'm set at sedentary active for work, but I make it a point to be up on my feet whenever I can. I have a spinning bike at home that I do for 60 minutes (last week I did this three times.)I feel great and feel like my stomach is deflating. I literally feel lighter and more energetic.

I'm convinced its all about organization and now allowing myself to eat haphazardly. . .

:-)

Yeah 6lbs is great!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congratulations!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Wow That is great! Congrats!!! What kind of plan are you following? Or is it the exercise?
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! I've been eating right for almost a complete year now, exercising at least 5 times a week, elliptical, walking, jogging, lifting. Interchanging these and I've only lost 10 pounds. I have 40 more to go and I don't think I will make my goal for the end of October to be 117 pounds. :cry: I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do, people tell me that I'm eating great and that I should be losing more than this, I fricken believe them. Any advice?
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats on your 6lbs lost...thats wonderful!!
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    "That's awesome! Congrats! I've been eating right for almost a complete year now, exercising at least 5 times a week, elliptical, walking, jogging, lifting. Interchanging these and I've only lost 10 pounds. I have 40 more to go and I don't think I will make my goal for the end of October to be 117 pounds. I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do, people tell me that I'm eating great and that I should be losing more than this, I fricken believe them. Any advice?

I'm having the exact same problem...eating right...drinking plenty of water...and exercising atleast 5X a week for 30min or more.. Listening for any advice given!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go :flowerforyou:
  • Melissa19f
    Options
    "That's awesome! Congrats! I've been eating right for almost a complete year now, exercising at least 5 times a week, elliptical, walking, jogging, lifting. Interchanging these and I've only lost 10 pounds. I have 40 more to go and I don't think I will make my goal for the end of October to be 117 pounds. I'm really frustrated and don't know what to do, people tell me that I'm eating great and that I should be losing more than this, I fricken believe them. Any advice?

I'm having the exact same problem...eating right...drinking plenty of water...and exercising atleast 5X a week for 30min or more.. Listening for any advice given!!!

I don't have any secrets or special tips. The only thing I try to do is to avoid bad carbs, like pasta, rice, and potatoes. I also think you may need to ensure that the exercise you are doing is continuously challenging for you. Your body may be getting too used to whatever kind of exercise you are doing. I also incorporate total body strength training. When you lift weights do not be afraid that you'll be lifting too much weight. Make sure that you are using enough weight to fatigue your muscles in 10-12 reps.

I hope that helps. . . I lost that 6Ibs quick, so I hope I can continue to lose this way. Best of luck to all of you!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!...but hate to be a kill-joy. Although you lost 6lbs in 1 week, don't be bumbed if it does not happen EVERY week.

YAY FOR YOU THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!