Loosing motivation

Options
Okay....I'm doing well with the healthy eating, but now I'm starting to loose motivation with exercising. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna go out and walk or do something outside and before long, it's night time and too late. I was doing better with this.

Another new problem is that I have been getting really hungry late at night. I watch the clock and after midnight (I work the graveyard shift, so this would normally be the time I would eat at work), I eat a meal....or snack...knowing that I've started a new day. The prob with this is, that by the end of that day, I've run out of calories. Like now...It's almost 6pm and I can only have 300 cals for the remainder of the day.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Okay....I'm doing well with the healthy eating, but now I'm starting to loose motivation with exercising. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna go out and walk or do something outside and before long, it's night time and too late. I was doing better with this.

Another new problem is that I have been getting really hungry late at night. I watch the clock and after midnight (I work the graveyard shift, so this would normally be the time I would eat at work), I eat a meal....or snack...knowing that I've started a new day. The prob with this is, that by the end of that day, I've run out of calories. Like now...It's almost 6pm and I can only have 300 cals for the remainder of the day.

Any suggestions?
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi, what do you consider to late to exercise? Does it have to be outside? Do you have a place you could do a dvd exercise inside?One with upbeat music is always fun. Do you have stairs, you could go up and down those for laps and get some there! Get a jump rope! I've heard someone here who does that. Housework can be considered exercise.

What does your daily food intake consist of? Maybe we could work on that?
    Popcorn is great for filler. I use carrots alot and I really like cabbage, I know it''s not for everyone lol. Salad has hardly any calories to it and will fill you. A piece of whole wheat bread with a tblp of peanut butter, to name a few. Don't give up, it really is worth it! You can do it, just try to get a little inventive!~Karen
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, haha, working out helps me keep in my calorie range because it gives me extra calories to eat during the day... maybe you can use that as motivation? If you work out you can have ______ at night.
    I think about that during the day, I'll set out my food plan for the day, and I know if I don't get out to excerice I'm going to be so hungry later because I can't eat what I was planning on and I'm going to be so mad at my self for it.
    And I have a really hard time getting out there to there too... I almost never want to go, so I just don't give myself the option. Tough love (for myself). I just do it because I know once I get going I'm happy I did, its just the inital get going. I can think about... man I'm tired, or whatever excuse, as long as I'm packing my gym bag and making my way to the car as I'm thinking it.
    I hope that helped even a little bit. You can do it, you're in charge of yourself and you're your own boss. Its never as bad as you think its going to be, its way better.
    Good luck!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great snacks are low calorie fruits and veggies like baby-cut carrots and grapes.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If you work the grave yard shift you could adjust your day. Say instead of using the calander day make your day just a 24 hour period. Your body is on your schedule sleep wise and everything why can't it be on your schedule for diet and exercise too?

Good Luck
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I can't say it any better than the other posters have--well said everyone!!!--but I will add something.
    Do you have a favorite outfit or two that no longer fits right? Hang that on your wall and try it on every couple of weeks or so to gauge your progress. It will be a great day when you can wear it again...trust me!!:smile:
  • jraymond
    jraymond Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree with YesICan. I dread exercise, am miserable every minute during it, and I hate to be sweaty, tired and sore afterwards. I hate the time it takes. I have struggled with motivation. I did what you are not supposed to do and weighed myself every day for a period and on the days I exercised, the scale went down. The days I did not exercise, the scale went up. Eating is a big motivation for exercise for me. I think, "this is dinner". I would be hungry if I didn't exercise. Hope this helps!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    With you feeling hungry and running out of calories, that may be a good motivation to do some kind of exercise even if just a walk. It could give you at least another 120 calories that you can have something else to eat and not be so hungry. :flowerforyou: At least I know it does for me.
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    Thanks everyone....that's very helpful. I appreciate the great help.

Have a great weekend. :flowerforyou: