30 Shred...

Options
Heyy guys,

Just wondering how everyone progress was with the 30 day shred by Jillian.

First 10 days- Level 1
Second 10 days- level 2
Thrid 10 days- level 3

I am on day 6 today. I haven't had any results yet. Pretty sad about it .. but on day 10 I will be taking my measurements again. Hope I lost some inches.

=)

Replies

• ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm on day 9. Took a few comparison pictures yesterday just to see if there was any progress. None so far it seems. I've even gained weight. But I find my endurance and strength is absolutely 100% way better than it was before. I can actually do a whole set of push ups now where as before I could do like 6 tops. I've seen lots of success stories and I hope that will be me too, but of not I'm happy with knowing I've done my body a world of good
  • mamalula
    Options
    I am on day 2 of level 2, I did 10 days of level 1 and then took 2 days off. I am finding level 2 really tough, the plank exercises are killing me! And during the workout I HATE that woman so much I could chuck my weights at the TV. I haven't really seen any results yet and I too have put on weight which is depressing but I am determined to keep going. I definitely feel stronger which is great and my husband has said he notices the change in the bedroom department which is nice (blush!!)
  • kmg748
    kmg748 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also completed Level 2 Day 2 today. It is so hard but a good hard and a good change from the level 1, I was getting tired of it. I first lost 2 lbs but am back up my 2lbs so that is frustrating. I don't see a huge change yet in my size but I am able to do most of the video without stopping. I'm trying not to think about what I havn't lost but how I feel and might look like at the end of the 30 days.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of level 2, I did 10 days of level 1 and then took 2 days off. I am finding level 2 really tough, the plank exercises are killing me! And during the workout I HATE that woman so much I could chuck my weights at the TV. I haven't really seen any results yet and I too have put on weight which is depressing but I am determined to keep going. I definitely feel stronger which is great and my husband has said he notices the change in the bedroom department which is nice (blush!!)

Glad I'm not the only one who wants to chuck weights at the TV too! Level two is brutal! I thought the starting off with pushups in level 1 was hard, but I agree, the plank exercises are worse!
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 of Level 2 for me. I have only lost 1 pound, but I have lost 6 inches total so far, I am happy to say. I am noticing that clothes are fitting different and my strength and endurance are way different. I am doing cardio on top of the DVD and am doing strength training at the gym, too, mind you. I wish the scale would go down, though. That being said, I am happy to be feeling healthier, and I know that it does take time to see overall results like I am hoping for...it took time to gain the weight and it'll take time for it to come off, too....patience is a virtue, right?
  • ARemysgirl
    Options
    I am doing Jillians Get Ripped in 30. I am on week 3 (this one has four work outs instead of 3) Week 3 is brutal. All types of burning. My arms are definitely feeling more toned. Sometimes you don't see the differences until your muscles relax a few days. Don't give up it is a work out and your eating is 80%. So as she says you can out eat any work out so eating is key.

My abs are definitly showing me they are being worked.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and you guys are scaring the heck out of me for week 2. :)
  • looneytunes
    looneytunes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ok i'm interested in doing it but cant seem to find can some give a link for it?x
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]588517.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TiffanyV25
    TiffanyV25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am only on Day 2 of Level 1. I feel good, but I hear day 3/4 is make it or break it! I'm not looking forward to not losing weight, but I guess losing inches is better than weight! Got to look at the positives :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You are expecting results after 6 days? I'm afraid no programme is going to give you that, only very genetically lucky people (or often people post pregnancy) seem to get results that quickly.

I'm on day 17 and am finally starting to see some changes, 17 days ain't bad. Be patient, it will happen. :-)
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have heard some people see results in as little as 4 days..that didn't happen for me..I didn't think I had any results until I took my after picture and I was amazed. So I don't actually know when I saw results because I wasn't looking for them, you'll know when it happens though :)
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing Ripped in 30 (4 1 week sessions) I did my L2D2 today! Phew, it's easier than L2D1, so that's a plus!!
    Yes throwing the weights at the tv has crossed my mind a time or two. :wink: Since there are 4 sessions I'm doing 5 days workout, 2 days off.

14339295.png
  • tycusjay
    tycusjay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2, day 7. I have lost nearly 2 kgs (not sure what that is in lbs) since starting but I have also been doing other exercise aswell. My strength and endurance are so much better and I can even now touch my toes! I haven't been able to do that since I was a teenager :laugh:
  • Sassi50
    Sassi50 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You may notice a "weight" gain as you take on a challenging work out. This is due to the muscles retaining water as they recover from the work out. As long as you are eating properly and drinking all of your water (even add a few cups more to flush out the retained fluids) you will see a difference. You will notice your endurance increase and your strength improve. Give it time....Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a better body (unless you have a magic wand!!!)
  • aimesuk
    aimesuk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of level 1. I have lost 5lb and feel much stronger and healthier. I haven't lost any inches yet though.

I am 12 weeks post pregnancy though and exclusively breast feeding - as a consequence I an trying not to cut my calories too much.
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2, day 7. I have lost nearly 2 kgs (not sure what that is in lbs) since starting but I have also been doing other exercise aswell. My strength and endurance are so much better and I can even now touch my toes! I haven't been able to do that since I was a teenager :laugh:

1 kg = 2.2 pounds :-)
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 1 level 1 last night. I'm liking it! I'm wondering if people who are just starting to work out find that they see results faster since their bodies aren't used to exercise. Although I certainly don't look it, I already exercise 5-6 days a week, and this seems like a great thing to add...short, sweet (lol) and to the point! Don't give up!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You're only on day 6...You shouldn't expect crazy results in less than a week. Lol. I'm on level 2 atm. I only did level one for 4 days because it was too easy. Level 2...different story...Ahhhh
  • meisme33
    Options
    I finished Day 6 of Level 1 last night. There is a clear strength improvement for me (I'm doing all of the pushups now) but I've actually gained back some weight since I started and its not that I'm eating too much. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not eating enough.

I think I'm going to add back some elliptical after the Shred to get more than 27 minutes of exercise in per day and see if that helps.
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, day 2.

I just finished P90X and thought this would be a good way to keep things going but a little less intensity, plus I am trying to get my body fat percentage down to 15%, I'm at 19.6 now. I do another 15-30 minutes of cardio after the program and I am doing resistance traing at home (my gym is right down the hall from where I sit at work.

Just a friendly reminder, exercise must be combined with calroe restrictions if you are serious about weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!