SF mom of two toddler boys tryn to lose the lbs

Options
I started MFP last Friday and so far I feel great, but at the same time I feel it's a little daunting. I thought it would be good to create a circle of MFP friends for support and fun. Please feel free to add me.

A little about me ...
Name: Marley
City: San Francisco, CA originally from Seattle, WA
Married, working mother of two boys ages 5 and 2.5. Trying to get motivated to work out and eat healthy to lose 40lbs and most importantly keep it off.

Replies

• sassyann0619
    Options
    I gained a lot with both my pregnancies as well! You can get it off!
  • chaoskitty
    chaoskitty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old little girl. I lost about lost about 25lbs and have really been struggling to lose since. I'm now down another 10 but these pounds are FIGHTING to keep on me. LOL

Trying to find time to exercise is dang near impossible, so I'm hoping to get motivated here!
  • sdtjwp
    sdtjwp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a 2.5 year old as well! :-) I sent you a friend request if you would like to add me!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 month old little girl. I lost about lost about 25lbs and have really been struggling to lose since. I'm now down another 10 but these pounds are FIGHTING to keep on me. LOL

Trying to find time to exercise is dang near impossible, so I'm hoping to get motivated here!
    My daughter was 8 or 9 months before I started getting back in an activity routine, hang in there! I also found I never lost the last 10 lbs until I stopped nursing, if that's something you're doing. I'm afraid to even think about finding workout time having two.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You'll definitely get to where you want to be. Just stay motivated, encouraged and focused. :) I gained a lot during my first pregnancy and lost it all within 4 months by watching what I ate (MFP will help a LOT, make sure you eat your cals! Don't under-eat), working out (was doing muay thai twice a week), and getting a full night's rest each night. BEST formula! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    good luck! you really have to comitt to yourself, and prioritise yourself and your health over other things. but it won't hurt anyone to have to let you be a priority if your health and happiness improves.

i dedicated the whole year last year to myself after putting myself last for the previous 4 years, and it's paid off. my kids got used to going to the gym creche, and now it's just part of the daily routine. it's a good thing for the kids to see me dedicated to my fitness. everyday after the gym my 3 year old says "what did you do today mum?" and asks if i done boxing, or running, or bike riding or situps.

so it's a success, they see me working hard, my 5 year old totally notices that my tummys gone down and i'm not as fat as i was. and they are seeing me do the right thing. they understand that it's good to exercise regularly and eat healthy foods. they know all about fruit and vegies and healthy foods and that too much sugar is no good for them. without being neurotic. we all still have treats, so i think my role modelling has done wonders for them as well as me.
  • jl_2004
    jl_2004 Posts: 11
    Options
    I too am a mommy of 2 boys (just turned 5 and almost 2.5) in Colorado. I am hoping to lose about 70lbs totaly and overall become much healthier in my choices.
    I'll send a friend request as well.
  • Saddexter
    Options
    I also am the mother of two boys that were the same years apart in age... but now they are 23 & 25 years old! My how Time Flies By! But if you need a cheering squad I'm here! I know how important that is. I'll try my very best to keep in contact and help motivate. I slowly had lbs creep up on me until finally I got sick of it. Last year I lost those nagging lbs and the only reason after all that time was there was someone here at work (a licensed dietician) that was learning how to help people lose weight with a new program here at our pharmacy. She did it for free and I offered to help her. ALL OF A SUDDEN it got real important to me to not dissapoint her and each day I stuck to counting my calories and my excercise routine. The lbs dropped off and 10 were gone in 6 weeks! All because I didn't want to let someone down. I was accountable to someone.
    Maybe I can help the same way here?