Carb/Protein/Fat %

Options
Does anyone know how they calculate the amount of carbs/protein/fat based on the percentage entered into the goals section? I'm just curious and haven't been able to figure it out.

I currently have my settings as:
1,200 Cal
40% Carb - 120g
30% Protein - 90g
30% Fat - 40g

Replies

• CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your goals are will be how you adjust your intake. I eat Primal, so I like to keep my carbs below 100g, so I adjust the percentage until is says so. It also depends on what you would like to focus on, because these are only guidelines. If you are looking to track your protein intake, then you just do the same for protein and same with fat as well. I wish that it would just LET you put what you would like your intake to be, but this is based upon the idea that there needs to be a certain balance in your diet. I truly believe it all depends on your goals:0) Hope this helped a little!
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I believe this is the answer to your question. Using your numbers:
    40% of 1200 calories is 480 calories. There are 4 grams of carbs in one calorie so 480 divided by 4 equals 120 grams.
    Likewise for protein. 4 grams of protein in one calorie. So 1200 * .30 = 360. 360/4 equals 90.
    For fat there are 9 grams per calorie. 1200 * .3 = 360, 360/9 = 40.

Hope that helps.
  • sgob88
    sgob88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!