not losing weight

Options
SO ... I'm eating my exercise calories, I'm exercising everyday incorporating cardio and weight training. I'm staying within my recommended calories. I'm drinking lots of water .... Why am I not losing weight?!

I've been on here for almost 3 weeks now. The first week I lost 5 pounds, which I have kept off. My goal is to lose 1 1/2 pounds every week and the last 1 1/2 weeks I have lost nothing :-(

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well, when you think about it, you've lost over 1.5 lbs a week when you spread your weight loss over those 3 weeks, so YAY!!!:happy:

My weight come off like that too. A couple weeks I'll be at a standstill, and then suddenly I'll have lost a few more pounds! It will happen! :flowerforyou:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Most of the numbers that we use are an estimate and based on averages. Everyone's body is different. Give it another couple of weeks. If you don't see any changes then it's time to change something. My first assumption would be that you are overestimating how many calories you burn when you exercise. There a few different paths you can take:

1. Get a heart rate monitor so that you can get a more accurate estimate regarding your exercise calories.

2. (this is what I've done) Assume that you're estimates are about 20% off and subtract that amount from your exercise calories.

3. eat some but not all of your exercise calories.

Sometimes you just have to experiment with the numbers until you find what works for you.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well, when you think about it, you've lost over 1.5 lbs a week when you spread your weight loss over those 3 weeks, so YAY!!!:happy:

exactly!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

exactly!

Also, take some photos. Your scale can't always tell when your body is changing, hehe.
  • ColleenRep
    ColleenRep Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt eat any of your excresise cal...
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    SO ... I'm eating my exercise calories, I'm exercising everyday incorporating cardio and weight training. I'm staying within my recommended calories. I'm drinking lots of water .... Why am I not losing weight?!

I've been on here for almost 3 weeks now. The first week I lost 5 pounds, which I have kept off. My goal is to lose 1 1/2 pounds every week and the last 1 1/2 weeks I have lost nothing :-(

Ok. So this may or may not be what you want to hear but it is possible that you didn't lose 5lbs of fat the first week, some of it may have been water weight or just the natural fluctuations of your weight over the day (be sure to weigh yourself the same time fo day each time). If you didn't actually lose 5lbs the first week then you actually may have lost some weight in the 2nd and 3rd week but didn't realize it. Don't let the scale dictate your success and if you are going to use a scale remember that it doesn't give the whole picture. :flowerforyou:
  • jmw7
    jmw7 Posts: 27
    Options
    You might also want to let the system recalculate your daily calorie goals. As I lost weight, my daily calorie maximum was reduced. It's now 100 calories lower than when I started.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Also I think you should be eating your exercise calories or at least some of them.

And for weight training you should give your body a 24hr break between workouts :happy:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Also I think you should be eating your exercise calories or at least some of them.

And for weight training you should give your body a 24hr break between workouts :happy:

I am eating most of my exercise calories. However we are now starting the 30 day shred which is supposed to be done daily, so how do you rest those muscles?
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The first month I didn't lose hardly anything. Then, all of a sudden, I lost a bunch. It will happen! Give yourself some more time. It's just a calorie game. Also, if you are gaining muscle or drinking a lot of water you might actually be "gaining" weight. But that's good weight that you shouldn't worry about.

Hang in there, 5 pounds so far is awesome!
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options

I am eating most of my exercise calories. However we are now starting the 30 day shred which is supposed to be done daily, so how do you rest those muscles?

When I am doing the shred every day I alternate using the weights. So day 1 I use the weights, day 2 I don't use any, Day 3 I use the weights again, Day 4 no weights, etc. This way the muscles have the break they need.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

When I am doing the shred every day I alternate using the weights. So day 1 I use the weights, day 2 I don't use any, Day 3 I use the weights again, Day 4 no weights, etc. This way the muscles have the break they need.

Do your legs need the same rest though?