Smaller legs?

Options
I have a partner who is 20 yrs old female, and in her past she did heavy weightlifting and she has thighs that look completely fine to me, but she wants to tone them down and make them smaller. With her past can she lose the volume to have skinny legs, not that they are fat, but just enough to her desire.

I tried to tell her that since she already has bigger thighs due to the heavier weightlifting her legs will always be bigger than normal. I want to know if it is possible for her legs to get smaller.

Sorry if this isn't enough information to make an accurate answer for you guys.

Replies

• jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'd guess that if she ate a deficit for a while, her legs will slim down along with the rest of her body, although she may be genetically predisposed to have bigger thighs. Sometimes that happens, we all wear our weight differently.
  • fitnessfreakygrrl
    Options
    From personal experience & research that I've done myself.. my advise is to do more cardio that is less intense, but more often. Rather than running full-tilt.. speed walk. That way you are burning calories without working your muscles out as hard. Do more cardio and less strength training. When you do strength training, do more repitions faster, but less weight. Models who train to be stick thin follow this sort of work out pattern.
  • cmcurls
    Options
    Run Run Run!!! Stop the weights!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    want to see the responses on this one.
  • theheatwave2001
    Options
    I was thinking that too, that since she started working out at such a young age(about 14 or so) her body started to mold that way.

So I'm thinking that I can have her do weight training for the upper and mid body and have her run a ton to get smaller legs.