Is it normal?

Options
OK, so I think I know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask it anyway....Is it normal to not lose any weight the first week you start?? I have been totally up and down with this whole weight loss thing over the past year and recently decided (well my tight pants decided) that I HAVE to recommit. Last Tuesday I bought a scale and weighed myself, today I weighed again and I was exactly the same! I know that the scale can be discouraging but I want some opinions on this!

Replies

• ProphetSword
    ProphetSword Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by a few pounds. For example, yesterday I was 2 pounds lighter than I was when I weighed today. I was under my calorie count, and there's no way I gained 2 pounds overnight. So, don't always believe what the scale tells you.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    It's not out of the norm. For instance my wife went up .5 the first week and has been at a steady 1-2 lbs drop since.
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you have been drinking water like the 8 cups recommended, you may actually go up a pound or two before it starts to work its way to flushing out your system, especially if you weren't drinking much water before. Keep drinking the water, though - it really will help you feel better and stay hydrated - dehydration can make you feel rough and hungry.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I havent lost much weight in weeks, but inches for sure.
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It could be your cycle affecting your weight loss. I put on weight and then lose it again in a very repetitive way which directly matches my cycle.

Don't worry about it, concentrate on your calorie intake and give it 4 weeks. If you are still not losing weight after 4 weeks review your calorie intake.

Remember that eating too little can stop you losing weight.

Good luck :smile:
  • ellie_72
    ellie_72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hiya, i was worrying a bit last week, i'd dropped 0.7kilos in first couple of days, then another 0.2 but then stuck at that until today, i'm suddenly down another 0.6. So am pretty happy, think my body maybe needed to adjust to its new routines and feeding. Good luck and stick with it.