chocolate cravings

Options
curvykatie
curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
Im starting to see this is where my diet is falling down,
i crave chocolate, so i say i'll eat it, then work out later, but then that workout never happens
i crave choc at every meal and cant seem to find ways of stopping it.
is there a way to stop cravings? or has anyone got any tips that help them resist temptations? and to help them stop reaching for the chocolate.
I'm craving it now but it will put my over my calories for today

Katie

Replies

• karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to crave chocolate just like you. I took 2 weeks and cut myself off from all sugary snacks. I would eat air popped popcorn with a little Smart Balance butter instead. Eventually, I noticed I didn't crave snacks as much. Now when I do, I'll make this chocolate chip recipe:

http://recipes.recipeland.com/recipes/recipe/show/Low_Calorie_Low_Fat_Chocolate_Chip_Cookies_1882

Or I will eat a weight watchers sugar free chocolate. The beginning of your diet is HORRIBLE! I promise it will get better! Good luck!
  • tiff1632
    tiff1632 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, It will get better! It is sooo hard to change your lifestyle! But I promise it is worth it. Wash your mouth out with mouth wash!!! I do it when I crave stuff, makes everything gross for awhile.
    When you are craving it...DON'T go anywhere near it that would make it easy to grab "just a taste".
    Instead of giving in to chocolate all the time, eat some fruit. It will give your body the sugar it is craving in a good way. Did you eat enough protein today?? Make sure you do....my cravings seems tame when I eat eggs in the morning.
    It will take your body 2 weeks to get the sugar cravings out....and soon you will not crave it but once or twice a month!!

:flowerforyou:
  • girlygirl82
    girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I crave chocolate A LOT too! What I find that helps is having some chocolate pudding cups around. AND I eat then with one of my sons old baby spoons! :laugh: Sounds strange, but it really makes you eat it slower and therefore you are more fulfilled at the end because you didn't just inhale it. But small pudding cups can be in the 80 calorie range. So you eat one and TA-DA! You have satisfied your chocolate craving and mantained a sense of control over your calorie intake. Its a win-win situation!!

Good Luck!! :happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    thank you, i didnt know about the two week thing.
    i think what i will do, because ive already had a bit of choc today i will give into my craving a final time, then starting tomorrow whenever i get that craving i will have a bit of fruit, or will do the mouth wash trick or brush my teeth.

thank you for the help

Katie
    xxxx
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate muscle milk shake whenever I go to the gym and do strength training. To me, it tastes like cocoa puffs and best thing is, I don't want to snack on candy all day!

Another thing to do is to eat a higher cocoa content chocolate - a little piece of dark chocolate is actually ok to eat (like one square).

Or try having a low cal hot chocolate for desert.

Or a Healthy Choice, Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow dessert.

Sometimes it's just a bite to get rid of the craving. I read somewhere, if you have a craving for something, first drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes before giving in.

Good luck!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    there is a good chocolate cake recipe in the recipes section. low cal too!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have a small piece of dark chocolate with almonds most nights. I work it in. I also have these chocolate soy ice cream sandwiches from Trader Joe's that are only 80 calories a piece. You can have chocolate, just in moderation. That is the key. I am not a big chocolate person, so I am not tempted to eat the entire bar, just a small piece as a treat at the end of the day.
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    I decided to incorporate choc chips into my lunch today. I put a twist on the elvis sandwich, by using two slices of whole grain bread, a few slices of a banana, a tbsp of peanut butter, and about 8 chocolate chips and fried it to melt the chocolate and peanut butter. It tasted sweet and with the smart choices and chocolate combined it was a great combo! :wink:
  • andrbac04
    andrbac04 Posts: 11
    Options
    I eat fruit snacks, oreo crisps, or sugar free double chocolate jello to curb my cravings.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I also drink instant hot chocolate after dinner (when I usually have cravings). I have to sip, so I'm usually satisfied by the time I finish my mug.

183705.png
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    I crave chocolate constantly! I think my addiction to diet dr. pepper may have something to do with it, but I have always been a chocolate lover. I like to keep york peppermint patty mini candies around for when I can't take it anymore. Small pieces of dark chocolate are also good. Darker chocolate has more of a chocolate flavor to me and isn't as fattening. I get one small piece a day and savor every bite. Sometimes I eat it in stages :)
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I crave chocolate A LOT too! What I find that helps is having some chocolate pudding cups around. AND I eat then with one of my sons old baby spoons! :laugh: Sounds strange, but it really makes you eat it slower and therefore you are more fulfilled at the end because you didn't just inhale it. But small pudding cups can be in the 80 calorie range. So you eat one and TA-DA! You have satisfied your chocolate craving and mantained a sense of control over your calorie intake. Its a win-win situation!!

Good Luck!! :happy:

I always eat my pudding cup with a baby spoon too. :laugh:

My other favorite chocolate fixes are :
    diet hot chocolate - 25 calories
    strawberries dipped in chocolate syrup or a square of melted dark chocolate :)
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    Have you tried the Special K with Chocolate? It is really good and maybe with the cereal it will fill you up and get rid of the cravings???
    good luck!:flowerforyou: