QUESTION ABOUT INSANITY WORKOUTS

Options
Hello there,
Today will be my 2nd day doing insanity. Yesterday was my very first fit test and today is plyometric cardio circuit. I know I will be burning a bunch of calories, but I do not have a hrm and I dont know how I would key that workout into the cardio exercise database in mfp?? What should I do?

HELP!!!! lol ;)

-Amy

Replies

• CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First, get yourself a HRM as soon as you can. There are tons of them for cheap on Amazon, Ebay, and whatever...that's if you want to seriously track your calories. Otherwise, you can compare it to a workout that is already in MFP like "running" for the cardio. Insanity is like interval training, so it shouldn't be too far off. Unfortunately, everyone pretty much burns calories at a different rate, so it won't be entirely accurate, BUT you can rest assure that you ARE burning tons of calories and if you have the whole program and follow it (meal plan and calorie intake) you'll be just as successful, even if you are a few calories off:0) Hope this helps!
  • AmyNaylor7205
    AmyNaylor7205 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yea I have the meal plan and all...And I plan to buy a hrm very soon because I know that is the only thing that will be 100% accurate. Thanks for your help!!!!!!
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    http://deals.woot.com/sellout

You can get a good HR monitor on there for about 30$
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity 3x a week as my cardio and weights 3x a week on the other days.

With my heart rate monitor I average about 160-165 BPM and my heart monitor tells me I burn somewhere between 6-800 calories during a 50 minute cardio workout. I've found that the "jogging" options for cardio under the exercise tab are easily adjustable and I just plug in what my monitor tells me I burned. If you want to be super detailed you can label/comment which work out you did when you post it.

As far as a good monitor, I have a Timex watch with chest strap. It was like $26 on Amazon last year. Absolutely love it.
  • AmyNaylor7205
    AmyNaylor7205 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks yall I REALLY appreciate the input!!!! I think I am gonna purchase a HRM Thurs. when the hubby gets paid! ;)

THANKS!!!